OT Weather was Banned from the Garden!--very long

Old July 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
LdyTegan

Default OT Weather was Banned from the Garden!--very long

Ambivalent is the word - good word for someone who`s been
awake all night because it was so cotton-pickin` HOT.

Pat P

And I STILL say, it's not hot where you are! Come here, darling! When I got off
the plane in KC at 1am it was STILL 95 humid degrees... Apparently I brought
your weather back with me, though, because we have actually had a cold (??)
front pass through.
Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown
Old July 24th 03, 12:06 AM
Pat Porter

"LdyTegan" wrote in message
Ambivalent is the word - good word for someone who`s been
awake all night because it was so cotton-pickin` HOT.

Pat P

And I STILL say, it's not hot where you are! Come here, darling! When I

got off
the plane in KC at 1am it was STILL 95 humid degrees... Apparently I

brought
your weather back with me, though, because we have actually had a cold

(??)
front pass through.
Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown

Well it`s hot for US!!! I`d die in your temperatures - 70 is about as hot
as I`m comfortable with!

Pat P

Old July 24th 03, 01:01 PM
LdyTegan

Well it`s hot for US!!!

I heard that quite a bit! 30c was a bit warm for wandering around Stonehenge
the day we chose to do it, but it still wasn't as bad as it was here the day I
left. If I remember what my Mom told me when I called to say I've arrived and
I'm fine, she said it was 99 degrees and the heat index was 112. Heat Index is
what the temp FEELS like when you factor in the humidity we have here in the
Midwest. Spring or fall, Pat! Come over then. It's wonderful. (unless one is
ducking from thunderstorms and tornados)
Hugs,

Old July 24th 03, 03:49 PM
Gillian Murray

Pat,
Where I live many people put on a sweater when it gets down to 70!! I am one
of the ones who wear shorts year round. In fact, other than some jeans for
when we travel up north, I think I only have a couple of pairs of slacks in
my wardrope. ! On the RARE winter morning when it is about 45 - 50, the
other ladies are bundled up in earmuffs, fleece coats etc.; I do break down
and wear a sweatshirt, but still shorts!! Outside right now, 10.49 am our
time, the temperature is 89, with 60% humidity; and the heat index is 97
degs. I LOVE my weather station; it is right on my computer literally
reading the outside temps, windspeeds, etc.

Gillian

Old July 24th 03, 05:43 PM
madeupagin

"LdyTegan" wrote in message
Well it`s hot for US!!!

I heard that quite a bit! 30c was a bit warm for wandering around

Stonehenge
the day we chose to do it, but it still wasn't as bad as it was here the

day I
left. If I remember what my Mom told me when I called to say I've arrived

and
I'm fine, she said it was 99 degrees and the heat index was 112. Heat

Index is
what the temp FEELS like when you factor in the humidity we have here in

the
Midwest. Spring or fall, Pat! Come over then. It's wonderful. (unless one

is
ducking from thunderstorms and tornados)
Hugs,
Tegan

Teegs, honey, the midwest cannot begin to compare with Florida's heat and
humidity. Not all of us are lucky to live in the coastal area, such as
Linda, some of us are stuck in the armpit -- and it gets REALLY HOT and
REALLY HUMID.

Thankfully, we have our regular rain back after a 7-year drought -- so the
temps aren't in the 100's yet. Thank heavens!!!

Tere

Old July 24th 03, 08:39 PM
Brenda Lewis

Who is the manufacturer of your weather station and is it readily available?

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs

Old July 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Gillian Murray

It is made by Oregon Scientific, model # WMR 968. I think my hubby ordered
it online for my birthday. The software is Ambient's Virtual Weather
Station. I really am enjoying this. one thing that is nice is that it is
totally wireless. Each unit has a solar-powered transmitter to send the
information out. It has an anemometer, Rain gauge , thermo-hygrometer ( for
indoor temp and humidity), a baro-thermo-hygrometer for outside humidity,
temp and barometric pressure. I have these secured to the railing on our
wooden deck, and the windvane and anemometer is on a 20 ft pole attached to
the same corner of the deck. It then clears the eves of our "trailer" VBG,
double-wide manufactured home.

You can find it all on their website. You don't need to have the software
and see it on the computer. It has a very good master unit which can be
mounted on the wall anywhere indoors.

Gillian

Gillian Murray wrote:
[...]

Garden Patio / bbq / decking C A . Butler Polymer Clay 0 October 22nd 04 11:28 AM
Fire Garden Glass Mothwoman Beads 10 June 28th 04 05:25 PM
OT - video and pics of the wacky weather recently Kandice Seeber Beads 5 June 21st 04 12:19 AM
AD: Millenium Garden Workshops Stephen Polymer Clay 0 August 16th 03 03:33 AM