Making Hats

Old June 6th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Making Hats

I've started crocheting hats to give to charity when winter time comes.
Its kind of hard to think about winter when its over 80 degrees now.

Carol Ann in WV

Old June 6th 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hobbyknitter

Good for you, I do the same with knitted hats. Someone had asked me
to give my finished items to them so that they could donate them, but
then where is my recognition. I think who ever makes the items for
donations should do it themselves so that some low life don't get the
credit.

Old June 7th 10, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jun 6, 3:22*am, wrote:
I've started crocheting hats to give to charity when winter time comes.
Its kind of hard to think about winter when its over 80 degrees now.

Carol Ann in WV

Nice idea Carol
mirjam
Old June 7th 10, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

You are right Hobby knitter when you make them find a way to donate
them yourself to whomever you want !!!!!
you deserve to recieve your thank you .
mirjam
Old June 7th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hobbyknitter

Hello mirjam and all. As you see I don't post much and I forgot to
put my name.
Yes I believe that anyone that donates should get the pat on the back.
I recall another person that was heading to donate many hats to their
local homeless shelter,
another person said that she would go do it for her. Well that 2nd
person took and sold them
What a blow to the head that was.

Roberta

Old June 7th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
kylou

Me too although I'm knitting. Patternworks.com has a project going to
donate 1000 chemo hats crocheted or knitted.
I bought enough yarn to do two hats, but haven't started yet. I think the
deadline is September.

kylou

Old June 8th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

another person said that she would go do it for her. *Well that 2nd
person took and sold them
What a blow to the head that was.

Roberta

Hallo Roberta,
sorry i did not recognize you in the first post ::::
I too, had the strange experience of donating something, to somebody
who claimed to have lost everything and than she sold it all ... It
made me feel a bit odd.
As odd as the the time somebody called me to congratulate me on a
`prize i won`, i said i have not won any prize , she insisted she saw
my Artifact and that it won a prize , I traveled to see it, and in
fact it looked very much like something i would/could do ,,, but it
was not under my name ,,,,, Aha , the name was familiar , it was a
lady i helped with her art studies in my house ,,,I confronted her ,
she claimed it was `not her fault taht she had the same ideas like
mine ` . i did not report her ,,, but told her not to ask for my
help any more .
mirjam
Old June 8th 10, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Kylou
How kind of you
And welcome here , as i don `t remember having seen your name here
before .
mirjam
Old June 8th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
kylou

Thanks for the welcome. I mainly lurk. I feel like I know all of you
though, especially on RCTN.

Old June 9th 10, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Did you write often in RCTN ? i apologize if i don`t remember you
please share with us /me details about your art & craft
Since you wrote there as well , i undersatnd that you are
embroidering ?
Do you make your own patterns or do you use ready mades ?
mirjam

making felt hats Allan Adler General Crafting 6 August 30th 07 06:40 AM
Those EZ hats Mary Fisher Yarn 2 July 21st 07 12:47 PM
Red Hats Pami Quilting 4 June 4th 07 05:20 PM
more about hats ..... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 4 December 4th 05 07:32 PM
Fabric Hats nana2b Quilting 4 August 11th 04 03:27 PM