Knitting with a kitten

Old October 31st 03, 05:11 AM
SlinkyToy

Default Knitting with a kitten

The kitten in my household is 6 weeks old now, and quite full of
himself. I've just spent an unproductive 30 minutes disengaging the
damned thing from my knitting and removing its 18 little claws from my
leg.

PLEASE let the next four months go by quickly so I can get it neutered
and declawed (and no flaming, my cats NEVER go outside).
Old October 31st 03, 08:38 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hamoudy never plays with my threads ,,,, remembering the `events` i
had with my late dog , who once swallowed a whole bag with wool , i
showed the new cat my wool and TOLD him it was Mine !!!! but of course
he loves snuggling into piles of wool , pilesof my ironing , sleeping
in the closet on top of my [ the brighter the better!!] sweaters.
But no clawing ,,, at least not when i look !!!
mirjam
ps when i leave house , workroom door gets closed ,

Old October 31st 03, 10:35 AM
Sarah Grace

Michelle wrote:
The kitten in my household is 6 weeks old now, and quite full of
himself. I've just spent an unproductive 30 minutes disengaging the
damned thing from my knitting and removing its 18 little claws from my
leg.

PLEASE let the next four months go by quickly so I can get it neutered
and declawed (and no flaming, my cats NEVER go outside).

Apart from the odd pat, with a very unruly ball of yarn, my puss is totally
disinterested with my yarn- you know your kit might grow out of it. Mine is
more interested in fetching dismembered mice as pressies so that the dogs can
retrieve it and run off with it- yuk!

Regards
Sarah
Old October 31st 03, 09:08 PM
NoraBalcer

Michelle,

Is he the one you resuced from the show? He must be cut and he will grow out of
it. Just give him his own toys.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 1st 03, 01:44 AM
JJMolvik

You read about my incidents with my spinning and my household kittens?
They're just 6-months old now. I don't think for me that declawing would do
any good and the one chewed her way into the bag of roving.

But, I certainly commiserate with you.

JJMolvik

Old November 1st 03, 03:39 PM
disy

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
You read about my incidents with my spinning and my household kittens?
They're just 6-months old now. I don't think for me that declawing would

do
any good and the one chewed her way into the bag of roving.

But, I certainly commiserate with you.

JJMolvik

I too have a cat that cannot resist yarn and anything in a plastic bag.
Things are only safe if they are transferred to a cloth bag or container -
for some reason the plastic acts like catnip to her.

Old November 1st 03, 03:54 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

My cats do far more damage with their teeth; I just trim their claws when
we're expecting company. A well-placed scratching post takes care of the
damage they would normally do with their claws. The sisal rope kind is our
cats' favorite. Nope, everything that Neko has destroyed, he's done with
his teeth. Chewed the electric blanket cord. Chewed the antenna of the
cordless phone. Chewed the yarn. Chewed the wooden clothespins. Chewed
the cord to the battery charger. Another cat we had long ago, was declawed,
but still managed to destroy my sewing basket just "sharpening his toes."
After that we decided not to waste the money declawing any more cats.

Old November 1st 03, 03:55 PM
Elizabeth

My cat, now 6 years old, thinks that my knitting is a game of 'catch the
needle'! It does make the process a lot more interesting!! Being a nuisance
is not just for kittens...!

Liz M

"disy" wrote in message
t...

Old November 1st 03, 06:49 PM
Elizabeth Bonello

"disy" wrote in message
t...

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
You read about my incidents with my spinning and my household kittens?
They're just 6-months old now. I don't think for me that declawing

would
do
any good and the one chewed her way into the bag of roving.

But, I certainly commiserate with you.

JJMolvik

I too have a cat that cannot resist yarn and anything in a plastic bag.
Things are only safe if they are transferred to a cloth bag or container -
for some reason the plastic acts like catnip to her.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where exactly) that fish bones were
involved with making some plastics, which explained why my kitties
constantly try to chew on any plastic in the house (shopping bags and
laundry baskets primarily).

Something to investigate, I think!
--
LittleBit

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
-- Oscar Wilde

Old November 5th 03, 07:38 AM
Jaime

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:39:48 GMT, "disy" wrote:

I too have a cat that cannot resist yarn and anything in a plastic bag.
Things are only safe if they are transferred to a cloth bag or container -
for some reason the plastic acts like catnip to her.

I had a cat like that. She loved chewing on plastic bags.

Had to shoo her away from the grocery bags many times
while I was trying to put my grocery shopping away.