New and Antique knitting

Old August 6th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default New and Antique knitting

We traveled [ by train] to Tel Aviv yesteday to meet our daughter
[ and visit with her a museum] . We saw an Exhibition of antique
Purses , many of them were embroidered , many knitted and crocheted ,
and some looped from metal rings ,,,,In the train we saw quite some
women and teenagers wearing Hand knitted COTON short sleeved
shirts !!!
We ate on the beach , and when walking after it saw amongst the dove ,
a one legged dove that hobbled on one normal leg and one stump ,,,,
mirjam
Old August 23rd 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message
We traveled [ by train] to Tel Aviv yesteday to meet our daughter
[ and visit with her a museum] . We saw an Exhibition of antique
Purses , many of them were embroidered , many knitted and crocheted ,
and some looped from metal rings ,,,,In the train we saw quite some
women and teenagers wearing Hand knitted COTON short sleeved
shirts !!!
We ate on the beach , and when walking after it saw amongst the dove ,
a one legged dove that hobbled on one normal leg and one stump ,,,,
mirjam

I treated myself this month to a lot of 14 vintage knitting patter magazines
from e-Bay. I have a real love of the old patterns and plan to spend hours
pouring over them and years (I'm a very slow knitter) knitting things from
them. I noticed quite a few patterns for handbags and purses. I am so
impressed with the industriousness of our mothers and grandmothers who did
so much by hand. They really are heroines!

Murielle

Old August 25th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
sophie[_2_]

On 8ÔÂ24ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç2ʱ55·Ö, "Murielle" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

hi, Murielle
it seems that you are fond of the embroidery and antique things. have
a silk cases?
here is an embroidered silk needle case with many patterns, like
dragon, dragonfly ,
chinese characteristics. you can click this link
http://www.8season-knitting.com/knit...case-c-42.html
for the images. it is attractive and beautiful.