Wow, I thought this would never happen

Old August 4th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Default Wow, I thought this would never happen

I finally finished my sweater -- that is, one
totally-knit-but-never-sewn-together pair of baby blue jeans, two
ponchos, two pairs of legwarmers, and three crocheted string bags (about
the only thing I can crochet) later. It's that gansey style made with a
double strand of worsted weight, one black and one tan. Fits perfectly
*blissful sigh*. All I need to do is weave the ends in, but at least I
can put it back in my room and not have to leave it in the living room
for it to stare reproachfully at me. I ought to go back and see how
long it has taken me to get to this point. At least it will be ready
for cold weather.

Next items on knitting agenda:
1. Take the sweater down to the post office after business hours (so
nobody stares at me for weighing something I am not going to mail) and
find out how much yarn it took to make it so I can write it in my notes.

2. Weigh the balls I made from tying together yard-long pieces of scrap
yarn in an orderly fashion and see if there is any hope of making
another sweater from them -- this time a jacket, not a pullover.
Otherwise I have to make a poncho. I have three graduated shades of
beige/tan/brown to double-strand it with to make a sort of striped
background on the scrap-yarn balls.

3. Get up the courage to try a pair of socks (worsted weight first) now
that I know the legwarmers I made fit me really well and can just add
the foot part of the sock onto them.

Of course, these may need to take a back seat to the sewing agenda for a
little bit should my job interview pan out. But it feels WONDERFUL to
have finished that sweater. I thought I would never be able to do it.
Old August 4th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

SAMANTHA
C O N G R A T U L A T I O NS ,
On the finnished sweater and that it fits and YES YES start another
one in a Different pattern
HURRAY
Also congrats on all those other items ,,, you are a real proffesional
knitter now
[esp with some projects not finnished, which is a proffseional
must]
items on knitting agenda:
1. * * *Take the sweater down to the post office after business hours (so
nobody stares at me for weighing something I am not going to mail) and
find out how much yarn it took to make it so I can write it in my notes.

Yeah i have done this at times ,,, !!!

2. * * *Weigh the balls I made from tying together yard-long pieces of scrap
yarn in an orderly fashion and see if there is any hope of making
another sweater from them -- this time a jacket, not a pullover.

When joining threads for a project , Don`t knot them , just knit or
crochet old thread`s few cm end together with few cm of begining of
new thread !!!!

Maybe you have enough for a vest [ sleevelss sweater ] Vests are
very useful and
always in fashion .
You also might knit it on the side and thus get the stripes [ of the
different colors length ways ,,
if you need a pattern ,, ,,,,, you know where to ask !!!!
mirjam
Old August 4th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Ps ,,,,,, maybe you have enough threads for a Moebious ,,,
mirjam
Old August 4th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Oops -- forgot one. The Three-season cardigan he

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...&submit=search
Old August 4th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply wrote:
I finally finished my sweater -- that is, one

You go, girl. Great. Faaaaaantastic. Now you have got properly
started, there will be no stopping you.

Congratulations from me, too.

Keep us up to date with your progress.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old August 4th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

i like the 3rd one , [ but i have quite some sweaters ] you always
could add a nice shawl [ matching the sweater , in facts make 2 or 3,
matching the sweater somehow !!!!!
But the first 2 are just as neat ,,,, mirjam
Old August 4th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 4, 6:39*am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
wrote:
Oops -- forgot one. *The Three-season cardigan he

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...guage=&store=%....

Very Very nice !!!!!
mirjam
Old August 4th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 4, 8:42*am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
i like the 3rd one , [ but i have quite some sweaters ] you always
could add a nice shawl [ matching the sweater , in facts make 2 or 3,
matching the sweater somehow !!!!!
But the first 2 are just as neat ,,,, mirjam

I've been drooling over that Danbury jacket for years even before I was
brave enough to think about knitting without my knitting machine.

If you drooled about it GO KNIT IT !!!!!!!
mirjam

This is what can happen. Bruce Needlework 0 October 21st 06 11:47 PM
How did this happen?!?!?!?! Mj Beads 4 October 3rd 04 11:25 PM
How did this happen? Cheri2Star Beads 11 September 23rd 04 09:34 PM
What would happen to... Les & Claire Jewelry 11 July 12th 03 05:38 AM