Toe up socks

Old August 18th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Toe up socks

On 17 Aug 2006 08:56:23 -0700, JCT spun a fine yarn

I noticed that the current Knitty has a toe-up sock formula. Has
anyone tried it? I have only made top down socks and was thinking
about trying this to get a better fit for DH. He loves his new socks
but I think I could improve on the fit.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/...ersalsock.html

I've done them ALL, cuff down on 5 dpns, cuff down on 4 dpn's, toe up
on 5 dpn's, toe up on 4 dpn's, cuff down on magic loop, toe up on
magic loop, cuff down on 2 circs, toe up on two circs, etc... and my
personal preference is STILL cuff down on 5 dpn's
JM2C,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-3, 08/17/2006
Tested: 8/17/2006 9:35:55 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 18th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

Cuff down, 2 on one circ!!!!! Only way to go, no second sock syndrome!!!!

Just my overzealous opinion

JJMolvik

Old August 18th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:47:52 -0700, JJMolvik spun a fine yarn

Cuff down, 2 on one circ!!!!! Only way to go, no second sock syndrome!!!!

Just my overzealous opinion

JJMolvik

*overzealous*????
Awww, c'mon, JJ, tell us how you *REALLY* feel, LOL!
Hugs,
Noreen
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-3, 08/17/2006
Tested: 8/17/2006 10:50:15 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 18th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
Cuff down, 2 on one circ!!!!! Only way to go, no second sock syndrome!!!!

Just my overzealous opinion

JJMolvik

Hee hee..... cuff down, on 2 sets 4 dpns, alternating each sock. No second
sock syndrome. ;D

Shelagh

Old August 18th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article om,
JCT wrote:
I noticed that the current Knitty has a toe-up sock formula. Has
anyone tried it? I have only made top down socks and was thinking
about trying this to get a better fit for DH. He loves his new socks
but I think I could improve on the fit.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/...ersalsock.html

I haven't tried Knitty's patterns yet, but I have done a pair of
toe-up socks. I did it because I knew I had a very small amount of
yarn (and I did the toes and heels with a different yarn). I divided
the ball of yarn in half (unroll the whole ball of yarn, match ends,
find the middle, snip there, reroll into two tiny skeins) to be sure
that I used the same amount for each sock.

I kind of liked toe-up but getting started seemed complicated; I want
to try the "magic" toe-up casting on method they linked to. I tested
it with some scrap yarn and it seemed easier than the figure-8 way.

=Tamar
Old August 18th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

LOL I did that once, JJ. I was *not* impressed! And I nearly lost my soul
for cursing at it. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 18th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
"JJMolvik" wrote in message
Cuff down, 2 on one circ!!!!! Only way to go, no second sock
syndrome!!!!

Just my overzealous opinion

JJMolvik

Hee hee..... cuff down, on 2 sets 4 dpns, alternating each sock. No
second sock syndrome. ;D

I never thought of that! It would work, wouldn't it??? Hmmmmm.....

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 18th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 06:26:26 -0000, (Richard Eney)
wrote:

In article om,
JCT wrote:
[...]

I tried the figure 8 cast-on and couldn't get it to work. I tried one
of the methods on a book and it worked once and never again. The
crochet cast on/short row toe works excellently for me.

Alison

Whats your choice of needles for socks SpikeDriver Yarn 82 July 14th 06 09:25 AM
Crochet Socks Eastern Edge Yarn 49 October 23rd 05 07:59 AM
FO: The Socks from Hell Nyssa Yarn 6 October 16th 05 12:57 AM
About socks Beinchat Yarn 14 June 1st 04 03:08 PM