Plz help - can't bobbin wind my new Singer XL

Old August 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gina Miller

Default Plz help - can't bobbin wind my new Singer XL

Hello, I'm in a jam and I'm sure I must just be missing something since

I've never used an embroidery machine before. I just got a new Singer
XL 6000 and I've used the sewing machine part just fine, but now I want

to try to embroider, I've got the base on fine and I see the embroidery

jazz on the computer screen, but when I try to fill an empty bobbin
(special) with thread via the lower continuous winding mechanism, the
machine keeps telling me there is no thread on the spool. But it's
brand new 90 bobbin thread, I don't know what to do, I can't do
anything until I figure this out, please help! Thank you ahead of
time...

Old August 7th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Can't help, Gina, but you might try asking over at
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing. Very nice folks over there and just maybe more
embroiderers. Polly

oups.com...

Old August 7th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

As nzl said , asking over at rec.crafts.textiles.sewing will undoubtedly net
you a good response. "sewingbythecea" (screen name) is an expert
embroiderer!!
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old August 8th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

t'werent me, t'were Ms Polly, clever lady, who told her that.

hmmm, the ) has a wee dot right in the middle of it, makes its use as a
mouth different from what i'm used to. )
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"TerriLee in WA (state)" wrote...
As nzl said , asking over at rec.crafts.textiles.sewing will undoubtedly
net you a good response. "sewingbythecea" (screen name) is an expert
embroiderer!!
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply
http://community.webshots.com/myphot...umID=548330161

"Gina Miller" wrote...

Old August 8th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gina Miller

nzlstar* wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply. I did figure out what went wrong. There is a
small metal area in the spare bobbin thread area and I had read the
manual and watched the movie but it wasn't clear enough for me to see
that not only was my thread supposed to go behind it and up but that it
also needed to go in between two metal parts! I figiured it out only by
trying to do it wrong! Silly isn't it! I seem to be okay now although I
tend to still have tension issues and the automatic threaders also
don't seem to always thread completely wen I am switching colors during
embroidery, but last night I did complete a two color flower, which I
was pretty excited about! Thank you so much!

singer bobbin case Karen Quilting 2 April 22nd 06 03:56 AM
Singer 115 bobbin case [email protected] Sewing 1 January 6th 06 09:16 AM
Help - further behind than before - but having more fun [email protected] Sewing 6 October 4th 05 08:21 PM
fs&fa FOR PERFECT QUILT PIECING the Little Known Most Popular Singer Featherweight Vintage Accessory! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 9th 04 04:30 PM
Bought Singer 603- How to wind bobbin? Cina Quilting 6 December 11th 03 09:44 AM