Sashing

Old April 20th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Sashing

I put the sashing on the left side of the block, then add a
cornerstone to a sashing strip and put it on the top of the block.

I do this to all of the blocks except the bottom row which get top
bottom and left. The right side blocks also get sashing on the right.

Then I sew all of the blocks together, by doing them this way
everything fits for me.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Personally, I like to sew strips on the sides of the blocks and do the
crossways pieces as a whole strip. I then end up with rows of block
with
sashing in between that I then stitch a long sashing piece to. Then,
when I
stitch these assembled rows together, I am sure to pin them together
so that
my vertical sashing pieces are aligned when I have sewed all these
rows
together. If the sashing strips do not align vertically it can really
show.

Sometimes I get by this by doing cornerstones in my long sashing
strip.
That way I have seams all around that I can pin and align and all my
sashings, vertically and horizontally are straight.

If I had a way to post pictures of my quilts I would have examples to
show
you. I really need to get my web page made. You would think that as
business/computer teacher I would. Just not enough hours in the day.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Old April 20th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bonnie:
That is what I do, too. If it is a group
project, each block maker gets two sashes and
one corner stone. Thus, when the blocks are
returned, lots of the work is already done!
The assembly will just require the right and
bottom sashes on appropriate blocks, then
join all. Further borders may be added ... or
not! PAT

Old May 13th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bonnie Patterson wrote:

I put the sashing on the left side of the block, then add a
cornerstone to a sashing strip and put it on the top of the block.

I do this to all of the blocks except the bottom row which get top
bottom and left. The right side blocks also get sashing on the right.

Then I sew all of the blocks together, by doing them this way
everything fits for me.

now you tell me!!!! I HATE sewing those long strips of sashing and
corner stones to the rows of blocks! why didnt I ever think about this!!

Colors, Friends and Sashing? dogmom Quilting 12 October 13th 05 04:46 AM
Sashing Width Beverly K. Pope Quilting 7 March 29th 04 07:26 PM
Looking for sashing pattern... Jalynne Quilting 9 January 4th 04 05:55 AM
sashing suggestions wanted please Ann Quilting 10 November 1st 03 09:01 PM
Sashing Dustbunny \(Christina in OK\) Quilting 2 October 15th 03 07:49 PM