Continental Style knitting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 3rd 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Continental Style knitting

The lady always has the best advice. - Hide quoted text -

OHHHH you make me Blush .. thank you Dennis,,
mirjam
ps over the many years i taught many knitters how to knit and i always
felt that after they learned from me they should take a second teacher
and learn other methods , So they can find the one that suits them...

By the way today i have to think of an interesting `problem`. I knit a
sweater for my son [ as usual no seams , and i hope i can work out how
to knit the sleeves with a middle part in another color ,, and keep it
in the No Seam in the round method ,,,, Best solution would be to knit
it Stripe, ]color a] change to colr B knit the round come to color A
[stripe] join the last st. to this turn and purl back the color B
round but + the color A stripe , but i fear the turn around point
won`t be very elegant looking , thus i am going to try and make a
sample with that idea in mind !!!! see what happens .... ???
mirjam

Slipperiness and Continental style Harlan Messinger Yarn 9 February 2nd 07 01:44 PM
knitting style [email protected] Yarn 6 December 20th 06 11:37 PM
Old style knitting Yarn 24 January 14th 06 05:06 PM
continental knitting. Norma Yarn 6 September 25th 03 08:50 PM
Question on "Continental " and "English" knitting techniques SlinkyToy Yarn 19 July 17th 03 09:36 AM