finally get to show you the graduation quilt

Old May 19th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

Default finally get to show you the graduation quilt

Jocelyn has received her quilt, and I've posted pics. It's the same
pattern as the quilt I made for my sister in 2008, only smaller, and
instead of batting and backing, I used fleece behind the top. I big
stitch hand quilted and machine quilted. The hand quilting is with
ecru pearl cotton, blue and lavendar embroidery floss. The machine
quilting is with 2 different threads, a deep, royal purple and a vivid
fuschia rayon thread, monofilament in the bobbin. I've had that
particualr batik ever since I first began building my stash, just
waiting for the perfect quilt. Jocelyn's favorite color is aqua/
turquoise, so I finally got to use it.

Musicmaker
Old May 19th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Musicmaker wrote:
Jocelyn has received her quilt, and I've posted pics. It's the same
pattern as the quilt I made for my sister in 2008, only smaller, and
instead of batting and backing, I used fleece behind the top. I big
stitch hand quilted and machine quilted. The hand quilting is with
ecru pearl cotton, blue and lavendar embroidery floss. The machine
quilting is with 2 different threads, a deep, royal purple and a vivid
fuschia rayon thread, monofilament in the bobbin. I've had that
particualr batik ever since I first began building my stash, just
waiting for the perfect quilt. Jocelyn's favorite color is aqua/
turquoise, so I finally got to use it.

Musicmaker

Beautiful! Of course, you've used MY favorite colors in the quilt, so
if Jocelyn decides she doesn't have room for it, I'll be glad to give it
a good home. :-)

I see what you mean about the batik. Indeed, it was waiting for the
perfect quilt.

Best regards,
Michelle in NV
Old May 20th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_4_]

Musicmaker wrote:
Jocelyn has received her quilt, and I've posted pics. It's the same
pattern as the quilt I made for my sister in 2008, only smaller, and
instead of batting and backing, I used fleece behind the top. I big
stitch hand quilted and machine quilted. The hand quilting is with
ecru pearl cotton, blue and lavendar embroidery floss. The machine
quilting is with 2 different threads, a deep, royal purple and a vivid
fuschia rayon thread, monofilament in the bobbin. I've had that
particualr batik ever since I first began building my stash, just
waiting for the perfect quilt. Jocelyn's favorite color is aqua/
turquoise, so I finally got to use it.

Musicmaker

Beautiful, she must be thrilled. I absolutely love the quilting and the
colors.

Judie