Rainy days are good days (on topic)

Old September 24th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Rainy days are good days (on topic)

Yesterday was so yucky with bad storms threatening every moment. What a good
day to get down into the sewing room. I've been sorting and shifting most of
my stash over the last couple of weekends. I've only my dying stash, the
miscellaneous craft closet which really is mostly cardmaking stuff, and
likely my bookcase too left to go.

I've managed to mostly empty one cupboard and think I'll move the
cardmaking/rubbing stamping stash into that.

Of course, just cleaning and sorting is no fun, so I also worked on my BOM
for September too. As much as I love the BOM this shop does and as much fun
as it is to get with my friends for S.E.X. each month, I think I'm going to
pass on next years. (My bank account will probably thank me.) I find I have
so many projects I want to finish.

I also worked on my handquilting project during the Notre Dame game. I got a
lot done--gotta love football--although last nights game following last week
is almost enough to turn a girl off college football all together. I'll
probably work on the hand quilting some more during the Bears game today.

No I see why my friends with sports nuts husbands get so much more quilting
done than I do. Everybody is happy for several hours during the game.

Maureen

Old September 25th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

So, what's gotten into you, with all this sorting and cleaning, and
organizing and stuff? And you're absolutely right about progress made
during footfall season! : )
Say, aren't you about due for another visit?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 25th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:34:20 -0500, Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote
(in article 09PRg.161078$FQ1.112399@attbi_s71):

So, what's gotten into you, with all this sorting and cleaning, and
organizing and stuff? And you're absolutely right about progress made
during footfall season! : )
Say, aren't you about due for another visit?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Blame the cleaning/sorting on two things. One at the September guild meeting
(two weeks ago) we had a "quilting garage sale." I'd meant to get my things
sorted before then, which obviously didn't happen. And my friend Michelle
just a bunch of new shelves for her side of the basement and is shifting
stuff. I thought I'd keep her company--especially since we'll both end up
getting first crack at the others "rejects".

Yes I am due for another visit soon! Maybe I'll have something finished by
then.

Maureen