Repost: EVIL SUNBONNET SUE BLOCK SWAP

Old May 2nd 05, 12:11 PM
georg

Default Repost: EVIL SUNBONNET SUE BLOCK SWAP

Evil Sunbonnet Sue is not Sue watering the flowers or standing alone
contemplating the wonders of the Universe. Evil Sue is doing something
of which her mother ought not be proud. For ideas of what people have
done in the past, please check out this site (which may or may not have
exceeded its bandwidth- I don't run the site, so I apologize if it's not
working, and I can't fix that)
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/O...13/badsue.html
If you don't want to do her being bad, you are welcome to create a block
of something bad happening to her. (concrete blocks on her feet
underwater, for instance, or Sue at the beach with a shark fin nearby)

The nature of this swap is one to one- you will send one block and
receive one block back. You can send as many 12 blocks, and they do not
need to be identical (you have 6 ideas and want to make 2 blocks of each
idea? That's great- so is making 6 of the same block). Because
hopefully, there will be enough participation to where you will get
unique blocks back.

I will do the swap at the LQS so that I don't have the cats "helping". I
will try to keep everything stored where they won't have access. While
my sweetie smokes, he's not allowed to indoors. And believe me, I'll
keep everything unperfumed.

I would like you to send all of the blocks you wish to send to me by
August 1. I will try hard to wait until I know they've all been
received, so if your blocks will take a while, please email and say
roughly when you think they'll be coming. I will promise to wait 2 weeks
to make sure blocks are in, but please do not wait until after Aug 1 to
send! Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so I can mail
your blocks back to you. For the international participants, I'm not
really sure what to say- feel free to email me with suggestions, and
hopefully I'll think of something, or we can negotiate. And yes, I hate
how ambiguous that sounds. Some of you may be able to get stamps or
international reply coupons to use. My address is in the directory, or
you can email me and ask for it.

The rules for the block:
Please make the blocks 12" finished, and 13" unfinished. Yes, that's a
nice 1/2 border- this prevents people from having ruler issues- everyone
can cut them down to size when they get them home.

Please make sure all blocks can be washed. If that means pre-washing the
fabric, so be it. If that means no glued-on accessories, so be it. I
don't know about you, but I will get cat hair on my quilt and need to
toss it in the wash when it's all done and to take care of it properly.
If I have your block in my quilt, I don't want to lose anything. This
does mean if you use the iron-on interfacing form of applique, please
stitch around the outside edges so it will go in the wash.

Please avoid scented stuff when making your blocks. Don't use the fabric
softener if it smells. Use a different detergent than one that smells if
at all posible. I'm allergic to perfume, and it's important to me to
keep breathing as I sort.

Please state what rating of block you would like to receive, as in G,
PG-13, R. If you don't want Sue in bed with Suspender Sam, or down at
the stripclub- Please say so. Include this note with your blocks. I will
sort the blocks by rating and try very hard not to offend anyone. If you
have clear-cut ideas of what you will not like, let me know, and I will
do my best to make sure you are not tormented by visions that are too
salacious for your sensibility. On the other hand, if you think nothing
could offend you and you'ld like me to try, say so, and I'll divert the
wilder blocks accordingly. I will not try to sort on the basis of color-
just rating- so if the colors clash between your blocks, it'll be up to
your skills to convince them to cooperate.

I do not anticipate anyone here having a block too poorly made to make
me wish to reject it, but I will if I have to. I am hopeful that I can
photograph all of the blocks and post them.

Any questions, ask here, or contact me via email. My addy is not munged.
My snail is in the directory.

-georg

Old May 2nd 05, 04:46 PM
Betsy Ross

My niece wants a quilt from the story blocks I've made. Guess I need to
make duplicates or new, non-storyline blocks.

Old May 2nd 05, 05:27 PM
georg

Betsy Ross wrote:

My niece wants a quilt from the story blocks I've made. Guess I need to
make duplicates or new, non-storyline blocks.

Cool!
-georg

Old May 3rd 05, 01:15 AM
georg

Old May 9th 05, 07:15 PM
Debra

On Mon, 02 May 2005 11:11:57 GMT, georg wrote:

[...]

My first is almost done, just a little embellishment left, and the
second is coming along nicely. I hope it's alright to send two of the
same kind. I had another one planned but the main fabric for the
applique isn't co-operating at all so I sort of gave up on it for now.
I guess I'll have to use that fabric another way.
Debra in VA
Old May 9th 05, 07:21 PM
georg

Debra wrote:

My first is almost done, just a little embellishment left, and the
second is coming along nicely. I hope it's alright to send two of the
same kind. I had another one planned but the main fabric for the
applique isn't co-operating at all so I sort of gave up on it for now.
I guess I'll have to use that fabric another way.
Debra in VA

Yes, all 12 of your blocks can be the same if you wish. Just means that
if there are only 12 participants, everyone gets one.

-georg
Old May 12th 05, 09:29 PM
Debra

On Mon, 09 May 2005 18:21:48 GMT, georg wrote:

Yes, all 12 of your blocks can be the same if you wish. Just means that
if there are only 12 participants, everyone gets one.

-georg

cool
Debra in VA