she was amazed

Old August 19th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default she was amazed

Wrennie wrote:
Wrennie had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/she-was-amazed-26764-.htm :

mirjam wrote:

Yesterday while traveling by Bus i saw that i lost a stitch in my
knitting and wasn`t really happy with the result , thus i unravelled
the knitted part ,,, a woman next to me was amazed , and asked why i
unravelled it , i told her why !!! she said she rarely knits and when
she does she Usually has lots of mistakes , but she would never
unravel it ,,,, i told her it is a matter of age [hahah] with age one
knows that looking at errors , annoys one ,,,,,and anyway it is better
to love one`s knitting ,,,, she wasn`t convinced at all..... but i
already cast on my [re]newed knitted sts ,,,than she was amazed at my
casting on by knitting ,,,
i already knitted the length i unraveled but now i am very happy with
the result and try to make some thing new in pattern for myself ....
mirjam

-------------------------------------

I too have had people look at me like I'm out of my mind for ripping out
stitches. Jbowing

What does Jbowing mean?

theres a mistake just bugs me.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25897 messages and counting!

Old August 19th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette[_3_]

Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
Wrennie had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/she-was-amazed-26764-.htm :

I too have had people look at me like I'm out of my mind for ripping out
stitches. Jbowing

What does Jbowing mean?

theres a mistake just bugs me.

I think it's a typo Dennis. The "j" is next to the "k" and the "b" is next
to the "n" so I think Wrennie meant to type the word "knowing".

--
Bernadette
Old August 19th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
Wrennie had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/she-was-amazed-26764-.htm :

I too have had people look at me like I'm out of my mind for ripping out
stitches. Jbowing

What does Jbowing mean?

theres a mistake just bugs me.

I think it's a typo Dennis. The "j" is next to the "k" and the "b" is next
to the "n" so I think Wrennie meant to type the word "knowing".

Thanks, I should have caught that.

Very sharp catch friend!
Dennis
Old August 19th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
Wrennie had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/she-was-amazed-26764-.htm :

I too have had people look at me like I'm out of my mind for ripping out
stitches. Jbowing

What does Jbowing mean?

theres a mistake just bugs me.

I think it's a typo Dennis. The "j" is next to the "k" and the "b" is next
to the "n" so I think Wrennie meant to type the word "knowing".

What are you working on. I am doing one more afghan for my second great
nephew this year. I guess I am getting older.
My nieces expect a blanket, just like they got. It really warms my
heart. That they appreciate them and look forward to getting one for
there child. I thank God that after so many years and afghans I can
appease them.

Dennis
Old August 19th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette[_3_]

Spikedriver wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
Wrennie had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/she-was-amazed-26764-.htm :

I too have had people look at me like I'm out of my mind for ripping
out stitches. Jbowing
What does Jbowing mean?

theres a mistake just bugs me.

I think it's a typo Dennis. The "j" is next to the "k" and the "b" is
next to the "n" so I think Wrennie meant to type the word "knowing".

What are you working on. I am doing one more afghan for my second great
nephew this year. I guess I am getting older.
My nieces expect a blanket, just like they got. It really warms my
heart. That they appreciate them and look forward to getting one for
there child. I thank God that after so many years and afghans I can
appease them.

Dennis

I haven't done much at all since Spring last year Dennis. First of all I
spent a lot of time working for one of our local charities - that has eased
back a little now as the lady I was covering for is almost well again. Then
we adopted a puppy:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r.../IMG_0379A.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r.../IMG_0378A.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r.../IMG_0377A.jpg
He is over a year old now and fully trained - that took lots of time too but
was great fun.

I finished Rob's cable sweater in time for Christmas last and started
another lighter weight one for him. Haven't had time to do any more than
that though.

I hope you and Gail are keeping as well as possible.

--
Bernadette
Old August 20th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
[...]

We are I visit her almost daily and work on my crochet or knitting
projects. Gail is doing great, he moral could not be higher.

I don't know if I mentioned it, I just finished 7 pair of adult socks.
Two were men's 11 and 13 at 8 stitches and inch. I enjoy the socks.

My next projects will be fair isle or two stranded sweaters. I did one
for my sister about 6 years ago, I honestly enjoyed knitting it.

Dennis
Old August 20th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
Spikedriver wrote:

Wrennie wrote:
[...]

I loved the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dennios
Old October 21st 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Linda Lee" wrote in message
I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. roflmbo

I'm not even sure I would take on the challenge of knitting in one piece
but I know 'no seams' would be so nice.

See...I told you I had little to offer in this group as all of you here
are much more advance in your knitting skills than I am. I'm like a
pre-schooler wanting to play with the big grade school kids. :-)

When I was knitting a lot, and I mean for hours each day, I used to be able
to pick up lost stitches from several rows down with a crochet hook. I've
tried to do that recently (my knitting revival) but it just doesn't look
quite right somehow. ;-)

I tend to rip things down when I make mistakes these days. It's easier.
;-)

Murielle

Old October 21st 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Murielle

I admire you ability , i used to do it ,,,
rip mistakes
now i am a "Crochet hook corretionist" , even manged [ don`t ask how
i did it without knowing how !!] to repair a complicated
relief ,,,,,,,
mirjam
Old October 22nd 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message

Murielle

I admire you ability , i used to do it ,,,
rip mistakes
now i am a "Crochet hook corretionist" , even manged [ don`t ask how
i did it without knowing how !!] to repair a complicated
relief ,,,,,,,
mirjam

Wow!
Speaking of knitting, I'd best get some done this evening. ;-)

Murielle

Hubby amazed me. Nocturnal Quilting 10 March 17th 05 07:45 PM
Hubby amazed me & Julie's hug quilt Joanne Passmore Quilting 5 March 13th 05 05:21 PM
Sometimes I'm just amazed Slinky Yarn 2 May 22nd 04 01:07 PM