FO

Old August 15th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

Default FO

Got a wonderful book on Fair Isle knitting from Dover
(http://store.doverpublications.com/048643107x.html) (though it does repeat
the "200 stitches a minute" story that folks have been unable to verify).
Anyway, it inspired me to practice up on 2-handed, 2-stranded, flying purple
people-eater knitting --finished object at
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm --
and now I am ready to play around with something for myself--probably socks,
for the immediate gratification aspect...

Georgia

--
Looking for a website host? www.georgiamorgan.net is hosted by Dreamhost:
http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?g4m16

Old August 15th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cliff & Sue Drake

Great job on the hat, Georgia! Dover books are invaluable, IMHO!

Happy trails....

Sue
============

Old August 15th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly[_2_]

Georgia wrote:

Hey, that "favorite colorway" Opal! I had a ball of that, I used my
usual sock pattern and my usual cast on, the socks fit but I could drive
a truck between the stitches. Riiiiipped 'em out and sent the yarn
elsewhere. Were you on the receiving end of that boondoggle?

I finally found a use for all that mohair I got from you last year - My
MIL wants a lap-sized afghan in those colors. Add some other
complimentary yarn from the stash and Bingo! Meemaw's Xmas gift
Old August 16th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

WOW! What a talent you've got! I am VERY impressed. I especially like
the fair isle red/white boy's sweater. Wonderful work, lady!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in Connecticut

Old August 16th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

You've reminded me that I neglected to post a picture of the Mohair vest I
finished for Warm Woolies a couple of weeks ago (that's now remedied).

Glad that mohair is going to good use--it knits up pretty fast.

Georgia

Old August 16th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

Glad you like the sweaters--they were fun to do.

I don't know about talent, but sometimes my patience amazes me: I can spend
45 minutes unknotting thread, or 15 minutes getting a flimsy hair-width
needle through a large hollow bead with small holes, or 6 months knitting a
Fair Isle sweater. But do I have the patience to screw the Brita filter back
on after 3 failed attempts over, oh, 2 minutes? Nope, sorry.

Georgia

ps.com...

Old August 16th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Georgia" wrote in message
Got a wonderful book on Fair Isle knitting from Dover
(http://store.doverpublications.com/048643107x.html) (though it does
repeat
the "200 stitches a minute" story that folks have been unable to verify).
Anyway, it inspired me to practice up on 2-handed, 2-stranded, flying
purple
people-eater knitting --finished object at
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm --
and now I am ready to play around with something for myself--probably
socks,
for the immediate gratification aspect...

Georgia

Wow, Georgia! Such lovely work. I'm starting to get to the point of
wanting to experiment with this type of knitting, but the times in the past
when I've tried haven't created nice results. I love Dover, too, and have
many of their publications. I'll have to look for that particular book
whenever I get brave enough to try Fair Isle knitting. Thanks for posting
the photos! Inspiring!

lisa

Old August 16th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Georgia wrote:
Got a wonderful book on Fair Isle knitting from Dover
(http://store.doverpublications.com/048643107x.html) (though it does repeat
the "200 stitches a minute" story that folks have been unable to verify).
Anyway, it inspired me to practice up on 2-handed, 2-stranded, flying purple
people-eater knitting --finished object at
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm --
and now I am ready to play around with something for myself--probably socks,
for the immediate gratification aspect...

Georgia

That's how I got started making tams I will likely never wear. It's
just too much fun using the colors and they are quick projects. Maybe I
should do socks instead

BB