Problem with memory card

Old December 10th 03, 12:34 PM
Doh Lar

Default Problem with memory card

Hi,

I downloaded the free designs off the Janome website and put them
on a blank memory card.

The designs are on the memory card and I put the card in the sewing
machine and it acknowledges that the card is in but it does not
show the designs.

I tried this on a Janome Embroidery Machine 300E.
I downloaded the designs off the Janome site and put them on the
blank memory card, yet the machine won't read them.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong please.
Old December 10th 03, 04:20 PM

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:34:17 +0800, Doh Lar wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the free designs off the Janome website and put them
on a blank memory card.

The designs are on the memory card and I put the card in the sewing
machine and it acknowledges that the card is in but it does not
show the designs.

I tried this on a Janome Embroidery Machine 300E.
I downloaded the designs off the Janome site and put them on the
blank memory card, yet the machine won't read them.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong please.

First, did you check to make sure the designs are actually on the
card?

If they are on the card, copy them to a folder on your hard drive.
Then, put the card in the 300e and format the card in the sewing
machine. Check the card in the computer to see what folders the
machine put on the card. I'm not sure, and can't check at the moment,
but there sould be a folder named something like "emb_file". (It
should be obvious) Just copy your designs into that folder, and the
machine should be able to read them.

One other thing is to make sure you got the .jef files and not the
..sew files. The 300e won't read .sew designs.

I haven't tried copying designs to a blank card to put in the 300e.
I'll have to try that.

gwh

Old December 10th 03, 11:30 PM
Elaine Carpman

I don't know if what happened to me has anything to do with your problem,
but I have a Janome 9000, when I changed from windows 98 to windows 2000 ,I
had a similar thing happen. Designs on my card when put into my sewing
machine would not show on the lcd screen,but they would stitch out. Janome
had no fix for me,so now when I download designs onto the blank card I keep
a list of the order they are in so I know which is which .
Have you changed your software like I did?
Elaine

Old December 11th 03, 01:47 AM

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:30:24 GMT, "Elaine Carpman"
wrote:

I don't know if what happened to me has anything to do with your problem,
but I have a Janome 9000, when I changed from windows 98 to windows 2000 ,I
had a similar thing happen. Designs on my card when put into my sewing
machine would not show on the lcd screen,but they would stitch out. Janome
had no fix for me,so now when I download designs onto the blank card I keep
a list of the order they are in so I know which is which .
Have you changed your software like I did?
Elaine

Changing from Win 98 to 2000 should not affect the designs for the
300e.

Is it possible to format a CF card with the FAT32 file system? The
machines that take the CF cards (with adaptor) only use the FAT file
system. This could be the problem.

gwh