SM bragging

Old May 11th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default SM bragging

I got a new old sewing machine!

DH was walking home yesterday and saw it in the window of a second
hand shop. So we went down today and looked at it, and when we
discovered it was guaranteed to run like a top and only cost $40 we
brought it home.

Now the serious gloating.....

It is a Free-Westinghouse in mint condition complete with instruction
manual, all the attachments, feet, and even the screwdrivers and the
awl. There was even a spare packet of needles in there with
everything.

Oh yeah!

*does the Emperor Kuzco uh-huh dance*

If I can figure out these photo sites, DH took pictures.
He says you cannot gloat seriously without pictures.

NightMist
dashing back to learn her new toy
--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old May 11th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes please, pictures! We don't encourage frivolous gloating :-)
Well done, sounds like a real find!
Roberta in D, suitably envious

Old May 11th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

NightMist wrote:

I got a new old sewing machine!

DH was walking home yesterday and saw it in the window of a second
hand shop. So we went down today and looked at it, and when we
discovered it was guaranteed to run like a top and only cost $40 we
brought it home.

Now the serious gloating.....

It is a Free-Westinghouse in mint condition complete with instruction
manual, all the attachments, feet, and even the screwdrivers and the
awl. There was even a spare packet of needles in there with
everything.

Oh yeah!

*does the Emperor Kuzco uh-huh dance*

If I can figure out these photo sites, DH took pictures.
He says you cannot gloat seriously without pictures.

NightMist
dashing back to learn her new toy

Gloating with you! That was a real find!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old May 12th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just ordered a new Juki computerized machine. It was on sale at Joann's
for half off. It is throw away priced and I am selling the Bernina and all
the feet. I just got it back from the repair shop and it cost me $467 to
repair it. No guarantee at all on this 5 year old machine that cost me
almost $2000. Never again will I spend more than $500 on a machine. Got
out my embroidery machine and forced myself to learn how to use it. The
water soluable stabilizer is too light weight and makes the fabric pucker.
The heavy stabilizer that I use to make patterns works great and I just trim
as close as I can with my applique scissors. I did some cute red work
blocks of little girls in sunbonnets and I think I will make a quilt out of
them. Can you tell I'm going bonkers waiting to hear the results of my
interview on Tuesday? Next thing you know I might whip out the book on the
serger and actually learn how to turn the blasted thing on. LOL!!!

Old May 12th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nope.
Mine is one of the ones with the totally enclosed motor.
Very small footprint on the motor, it is also mounted at the top.
You see it in the second picture.

I think DH is sending copies of the pics to some engineering pals.
He is enchanted by the notion of a sewing machine that does not take a
belt. Sort of like a BMW as opposed to a Harley. *chuckle*

NightMist

On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:36:41 -0400, witchystitcher
wrote:

I have one of those too - it used to be my father-in-law's spare
machine. Does yours have a motor that swings out of the way when you
put the cover on it?

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old May 12th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OK, I am seeing this post but not the post with the picture links.

Does anybody else see the post with the picture links?
If nobody else sees it and I don't see it by this afternoon or
evening, I will resend it.

NightMist