Need help with charts please

Old October 13th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Need help with charts please

Many of you have read my rants on how I hate charts..... well, I'm knitting
a sweater for dear granddaughter with a lovely design and there are FOUR
charts! Ick, ick, ick.

The sweater in question is in the September 2006 Creative Knitting mag.
Woodsy White Pullover on page 34; the charts are on page 76.
The charts I'm asking about are Chart C and D

It's back and forth knitting on straight needles.
The chart has numbered rows (of course)
The odd numbered rows have the numbers on the left side of the chart
The even " rows have the numbers on the right side of the chart.

Here's my question.

Do I read from right to left on the RS and left to right on the WS?
Aaaugh!

Thanks in advance
Shelagh

Old October 13th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Hi Shillelagh: With the right side of the work facing you, you
will read and work the chart from right to left. On wrong side rows,
read and work from left to right.
Thats a pretty pullover, I'm sure your DGD will love it.
Marie and the cats

Old October 13th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Shillelagh: With the right side of the work facing you, you
will read and work the chart from right to left. On wrong side rows,
read and work from left to right.
Thats a pretty pullover, I'm sure your DGD will love it.
Marie and the cats

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Give your cats a hug for me!

Shelagh

Old October 13th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
POOR SHELAGH ,, 4 Charts FOUR CHARTS
eeeeeeee
how do you keep that up ?

Luckily the other two charts are very tiny, and easy to translate. One is
for the bottom of the sweater (in place of ribbing) and cuffs for the
sleeves and the other is for a band above the bottom. It's a beautiful
design, and I have the front more than half done.

Now that the proper procedure has been confirmed, I have been moving along
quite well.

I still hate charts (snarl). ;(

I just received some Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in the mail today. Black for a
shawl for me, and a beautiful "autumn" colour for a Christmas shawl for my
sister. I'm going to make the Candle Flame Shawl with this yarn.
http://tinyurl.com/yec8l8 So I guess Peacock Feathers is off on a break
til I finish the Christmas gift (smile).

Have a great weekend.
Shelagh

Old October 14th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
Many of you have read my rants on how I hate charts..... well, I'm knitting
a sweater for dear granddaughter with a lovely design and there are FOUR
charts! Ick, ick, ick.

The sweater in question is in the September 2006 Creative Knitting mag.
Woodsy White Pullover on page 34; the charts are on page 76.
The charts I'm asking about are Chart C and D

It's back and forth knitting on straight needles.
The chart has numbered rows (of course)
The odd numbered rows have the numbers on the left side of the chart
The even " rows have the numbers on the right side of the chart.

Here's my question.

Do I read from right to left on the RS and left to right on the WS?
Aaaugh!

You've already got an answer, so I won't reply. I am only writing you
to tell you that this was one of the things that was in my backpack
when it was stolen on St. Catherine's Street a couple of weeks ago.
Sigh! So I'll never see that pattern. Sigh!

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 14th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

POOR SHELAGH ,, 4 Charts FOUR CHARTS
eeeeeeee
how do you keep that up ?
The chart has numbered rows (of course)
The odd numbered rows have the numbers on the left side of the chart
The even " rows have the numbers on the right side of the chart.

if you knit the right side from right to left than you have to read it
as is ,,, and if you knit back side from left to right you knit
accordingly
mirjam

Old October 14th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Oh Katherine a Knitting thief ??? that would be easily noted ??? or
maybe it is her/his camouflage ?????
mirjam

LOL Mirjam, I think that if the thief had known what was in my bag, it
would have been left all alone. Nothing of value to anyone except me.

Higs,
Katherine