Baby pattern

Old January 20th 04, 11:27 PM
Christine and Jill

Default Baby pattern

I have asked at my LYS, but they cannot locate a copy of Elizabeth
Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I imagine it may be out of print. Is
this pattern available on the internet?

Also, one of my colleagues will have a cesarean section this week, a month
before her due date. I need a quick baby gift idea, since I wasn't planning
to start until next week. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Christine

Old January 21st 04, 12:15 AM
Richard Eney

In article . net,
Christine and Jill wrote:
I have asked at my LYS, but they cannot locate a copy of Elizabeth
Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I imagine it may be out of print. Is
this pattern available on the internet?

I'm not sure it was ever sold as a separate pattern. It was in at least
one of her books, and they are available from time to time. Try the
library - interlibrary loan should be able to get a copy.

Also, one of my colleagues will have a cesarean section this week, a month
before her due date. I need a quick baby gift idea, since I wasn't planning
to start until next week. Any suggestions?

A preemie hat and booties?

=Tamar
Old January 21st 04, 12:54 AM
Katherine

THe baby surprise is not on the net, but there is one here that I like:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~quanah/patbaby1.html
THis knits up quickly.
HTH
Katherine

Old January 21st 04, 01:08 AM
Slinky

Available from http://www.schoolhousepress.com as an 8.5"x14" reprint
of one of EZ's original newsletters...

Make the jacket for c-section baby. It only takes about 2 days, and
you can give Mom a shower break when you go over to deliver the
pressie. Couch it as "I've made something for baby and I don't care
what the house looks like. Won't you let me drop off the package and
I can spell you for a shower while I'm there."

Old January 21st 04, 03:43 AM
Maine-iac Rose

this pattern reminds me of a baby sweater that I did, but it was all in seed
stitch, and it worked up pretty fast, I'll look around and see if I can find
the pattern.
Maine-iac Rose

Old January 21st 04, 04:00 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

www.schoolhouseknits.com

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 21st 04, 04:09 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:00:34 -0600, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:27:15 GMT, Christine and Jill wrote:

I have asked at my LYS, but they cannot locate a copy of Elizabeth
Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I imagine it may be out of print. Is
this pattern available on the internet?

Also, one of my colleagues will have a cesarean section this week, a month
before her due date. I need a quick baby gift idea, since I wasn't planning
to start until next week. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Christine

www.schoolhouseknits.com

Whoops, make that
www.schoolhousepress.com
HTH,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 21st 04, 03:34 PM
NoraBalcer

Katherine,

Thanks for the pattern, I'm printing it off for future use.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 21st 04, 06:56 PM
Aud

Is this something like what you mean?
http://www.junebugsplace.com/surprise.htm
Here is the picture of the jacket before seaming
http://www.junebugsplace.com/images/surprise1.jpg
AUD :-)

"Christine and Jill" skrev i melding
ink.net...

Old January 21st 04, 07:01 PM
Aud

Well, sorry, I see it is adapted for knitting MACHINE!!!! (I just saw the
shape, and thought the pattern was OK, just to make garter stich if you like
it better ;-)
Aud

"Aud" skrev i melding news:400ecbd3@proxy....