Gauge

Old December 16th 03, 06:06 AM
Atara

Default Gauge

If anyone is teaching someone how to knit, and is explaining gauge and its
importance in the world, I can provide you with a graphical example of WHY
gauge is so important.

http://www.50degreesnorth.com/garden...es/000032.html

May others learn from my mistakes. ^.^

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."
Old December 16th 03, 06:31 AM
SlinkyToy

'Tis already a swatch - you KNOW its too small by at least 2/3, so
increase your needle size accordingly by going up at least 3 sizes for
the next gauge cap.

Michelle
Whose first socks from days of yore appear to be closely related to
your cap

Old December 16th 03, 06:33 PM
JJMolvik

I just want to know, is that you in the picture?

JJMolvik

Old December 17th 03, 01:37 AM
Atara

"JJMolvik" wrote in news:fL2dnROkG7dO00KiRVn-
:

I just want to know, is that you in the picture?

Yup.

Well, the top half of my head, anyway.

Old December 17th 03, 07:27 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Alara,

I guess we all learn that lesson sometime in life. I have as I don't like to
gauge either. I was fortunate to knit to the pattern gauge, but don't think I
do now.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 21st 04, 05:29 AM
Kitty Fluff

Ohhhhhhh Atara.....what a cute widdle hat! Okay....I'm still new to knitting....I have learned from your mistake...definitely! Still cute widdle hat, though!

BeckyInSeattl

-
Kitty Fluf

Kitty Fluf

Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting, Bobbin-Lace and Spinning are my NICHE in life

Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting, Bobbin-Lace and Spinning are my NICHE in life

Posted via MooTal
http://mootalk.com
Old January 21st 04, 07:03 PM
JJMolvik

BeckyInSeattle

Becky, take the spam out of my email and email me privately. I am a
Seattle-ite too.

JJMolvik

Old January 21st 04, 07:05 PM
JJMolvik

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
BeckyInSeattle

Becky, take the spam out of my email and email me privately. I am a
Seattle-ite too.

JJMolvik

Oops, the nospam out.

JJMolvik

WAY OT - rain gauge Kellie J. Berger Quilting 9 October 12th 04 01:27 PM
OT knitting gauge BDS2pds Needlework 5 August 30th 04 11:28 PM
Midgauge Knitting Machine Artisan 70D for saleArtisan 70D Mid Gauge knitting machine for sale as is. The row Keetza Machine Knit 0 October 21st 03 06:40 PM
Help! Wire gauge question Steve & Susan Wright Beads 0 September 10th 03 01:58 PM
Gauge calculation Elby Yarn 11 August 11th 03 07:57 PM