Scissor thingy

Old March 22nd 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Default Scissor thingy

I think I've read that some of you have these. I'm sure that it is just
called a scissor holder????? Not sure. I'm being overtaken by my scissors
and I want a magnetic thingy to screw into the wall to hold them all. Know
what I mean? Just took a quick glance at Keepsake Quilting but didn't find
anything.

Where can you find them? Did you make your own? How?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Cindy from MO

Old March 22nd 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Cindy, check the hardware store. G They use them to hold various tools
on the shop wall. Or the kitchen store, where they sell them for knives.

Pati, in Phx

Old March 22nd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Well I checked at our local Home Depot and they looked at me like I had 3
heads.

Thanks for the info and I will try again.
--
Cindy from MO

Old March 22nd 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Cindy Schmidt" wrote in message
Well I checked at our local Home Depot and they looked at me like I had 3
heads.

My local HD does that to everyone, no matter WHAT they want! ;-)

This (http://www.magnetsource.com/Consumer...l_Holders.html) or
this (http://www.chefdepot.net/racks.htm) is what you want. NA, yada yada
yada, just the first things that came up in a google search. (Look for
magnetic tool holder or magnetic knife holder).

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply

Old March 23rd 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
PogoGirl

On Mar 22, 5:28 pm, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:
"Cindy Schmidt" wrote in message

Well I checked at our local Home Depot and they looked at me like I had 3
heads.

My local HD does that to everyone, no matter WHAT they want! ;-)

This (http://www.magnetsource.com/Consumer...l_Holders.html) or
this (http://www.chefdepot.net/racks.htm) is what you want. NA, yada yada
yada, just the first things that came up in a google search. (Look for
magnetic tool holder or magnetic knife holder).

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply

Ikea has them extremely inexpensively.

Here's another tip if you have wall room: I use the 3M hooks for my
rulers--the kind you apply to the wall with a removable adhesive
strip. Extremely handy--as my ruler collection changes I can easily
add or remove hooks or move them around; and you can hang multiple
rulers on a single hook if necessary--and I put two hooks next to one
another and laid my quarter inch rulers across them since they don't
have hooks for hanging. I still have a wooden ruler rack for the odd
shaped wedge ones and triangle trimmers and such, but hanging the rest
on the wall saves me a lot of room on my shelves. (I've often thought
about taking a photo of my sewing room/office where I have a vast
collection of various types of 3M holders/hooks/wire clips for a bunch
of different uses to send into 3M. I love those things.)
Old March 23rd 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

"Magnetic knife rack" or "magnetic tool rack", depending which store. Used
to have one in a previous kitchen, worked great for knives. Try googling,
there must be plenty of them out there.
Roberta in D

Old March 24th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default magnetizing scissors?

I absolutely do not know what I'm talking about. Absolutely do not. Worse
than usual . . . but maybe hanging scissors with a magnet might not be a
good idea. Many times, I've lost a needle and knew where I'd put it down
only to discover that the scissors had attracted the needle and it was
sticking to the scissor blade.
Nobody will die if you have to dissuade your needles from an attracting
magnetized scissor blade. What I'm wondering is would the scissors'
proximity to a very computerized SM be a problem? Just wondering. Polly

Cindy Schmidt wrote:
I think I've read that some of you have these. I'm sure that it is
just called a scissor holder????? Not sure. I'm being overtaken by my
scissors and I want a magnetic thingy to screw into the wall to hold
them all. Know what I mean? Just took a quick glance at Keepsake
Quilting but didn't find anything.

Where can you find them? Did you make your own? How?

Scissor preference? Polly Esther Quilting 83 May 29th 05 04:39 PM
Handmade Beaded Scissor Bracelets on Ebay Paper Caper Marketplace 0 July 6th 04 11:04 AM
Scissor Fob Instructions Robin Lund Needlework 3 February 9th 04 02:52 PM
Scissor fob Liz Needlework 2 February 6th 04 09:41 PM
Scissor sharpening Andy Dingley Sewing 0 July 11th 03 12:34 PM