Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Old September 11th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hi all,

A young friend has been playing violin for several years but didn't know
about barbs in horse tail and other natural fibers. (Horsetail hair is one
of the fibers used for the bow of a violin, cello, etc.)

I tried googling, including using "pictures" in my search terms, but didn't
find satisfying results.

Does anyone know of site(s) with microscopic images of horsetail hair and
other natural fiber barbs?

Thanks very much!

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

Old September 11th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Sep 11, 6:51 pm, "David R. Sky" wrote:
Does anyone know of site(s) with microscopic images of horsetail hair and
other natural fiber barbs?

Does this suit at all?
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...research02.htm

Old September 11th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 11, 12:56 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:51 pm, "David R. Sky" wrote:

Does anyone know of site(s) with microscopic images of horsetail hair and
other natural fiber barbs?

Does this suit at all?http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...h/2004_03_rese...

I have a book with such pictures , not a on the net adress,,,
Free Weaving By Myriam Gilby ,Charles Scribner`s sons , 1976.

Old September 11th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi VP,

Thanks very much for this suggestion!

*grin* Not what I expected, but the text sounds like it has some electron
photomicrographs of some animal and human hair. (I can't see them so the
googling was somewhat ambiguous for me.)

I'm forwarding your own and other people's suggestions to my friend, who's
in ninth grade now.

Cheers

David

Old September 11th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi mirjam,

Thanks very much for your suggestion - my friend spends a lot of time at the
library so even searching for this book will probably help him find similar
photographs.

Cheers

David

Old September 11th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

David,

Rather than using "pictures" in the search term, you can use
http://images.google.com/. Type in your search term and it will return just
images, no links.

Good luck!

LauraJ
..
.bc.ca...

Old September 13th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi Laura,

Thanks very much for your suggestion! - I forwarded it to my friend. (I tend
not to think about such online visual resources because I'm blind.)

Cheers

David

--

.

Old September 14th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi David, just popping in to say hello, long time no copy .. lol

higz Cher

Old September 15th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default Cher Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hey cher,

Indeed, long time no copy, xcopy or photocopy! I hadn't realized you changed
your (email) name again!

See Y'all

David

Old September 17th 07, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi David

I like a change now and then, keeps the ole grey matter working a bit
longer, one day I'll come on here and forget who I am..LOL

higz Cher

. bc.ca...

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Y? wrote:

Hi David, just popping in to say hello, long time no copy .. lol

higz Cher

OT Natural diuretic? Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 25 July 11th 07 05:53 AM
Natural Dye recipes Cher Yarn 32 July 21st 05 10:42 PM
OT - Natural History Stephanie Beads 1 January 28th 05 11:40 PM
OT- Natural gas and lampworking help :) KDK Beads 6 October 21st 04 10:15 PM
natural dyeing Kira Dirlik Yarn 3 August 17th 04 05:26 AM