knitting block

Old June 8th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default knitting block

Vintage Purls wrote:
On Jun 7, 5:42 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
It is summer time and fishing time, maybe a little gardening.

We just got our first snow of winter today so I'm right into knitting
warm things!
I wore my mittens over my gloves on the way to work this morning
(which was probably a slight over reaction) and DH thinks now that he
may like a pair of mittens to go over his too (so I know what my next
project needs to be!).

How about popping a sock into the fishing bag? -You never know when
the urge to knit may strike again and it would be a shame to let such
an opportunity pass.

VP

You and Katherine have just gave me a great idea, thanks!
Higs,
Dennis
Old June 8th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On 8 Jun 2007 06:51:02 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

I can not get into my knitting or crochet, I don't even want to pick it up or
look at it.

It is summer time and fishing time, maybe a little gardening.

Any one else?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

end quoted

Spike Driver. . ./ Dennis (and Gail)

I've been a little knitting blocked for the past couple of weeks. My
partner is in the hospital and I find that knitting actually requires
more concentration than I have to give right now. So I'm back to
stitching barrettes on perforated plastic with beautiful variegated
thread. I've finished at least 6 so far...

Alison
Old June 8th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

Who wants a lap full of wool in the summer?

If the Knitting Fairy had wanted you to knit year round, she would have
arranged for you to be a light house keeper in Alaska or have you running a
weather station in the Orkneys : )

You will get out the wool again when the snow flies.

Aaron

Old June 8th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Hi Dennis,

I went through this a couple of months ago. I had had so many new babies to
knit for for so long that when I got to the end of the line I didn't have
any idea what direction to head in next! Instead of knitting I started
taking out lots of knitting books from the library and taking pictures of
the projects I would like to do "some day" with my digital camera. I don't
know what finally jumpstarted the knitting urge but I have been going
gangbusters since it came back!

Enjoy your fishing and gardening! It is always good to spend time outdoors
when the weather is nice

LauraJ

Old June 9th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:
Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

I can not get into my knitting or crochet, I don't even want to pick it up or
look at it.

It is summer time and fishing time, maybe a little gardening.

Any one else?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

end quoted

Spike Driver. . ./ Dennis (and Gail)

I don't normally GET knitting or any crafting 'blocks', but THIS summer I've
been too busy to work on the stuff I've got as WIP's and UFO's. I WILL knit
this saturday tho, it's WWKIP day, the third annual!
Noreen

Permission granted to GO FISHING!!!!!! GO!!! Catch me some Lake Perch!! Gawd
I miss it!

Maybe I will have save some walleye in the freezer!
Old June 9th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

wrote:

Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

I can not get into my knitting or crochet, I don't even want to pick it up or
look at it.

It is summer time and fishing time, maybe a little gardening.

Any one else?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

end quoted

Spike Driver. . ./ Dennis (and Gail)

I've been a little knitting blocked for the past couple of weeks. My
partner is in the hospital and I find that knitting actually requires
more concentration than I have to give right now. So I'm back to
stitching barrettes on perforated plastic with beautiful variegated
thread. I've finished at least 6 so far...

Alison

Alison,
I just put took Gail to the Emergency Room tonight, she is on bad shape.
When you life parter is gone you become very disorientated for a
while. If you have an extra prayer please send one this way.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 9th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Aaron Lewis wrote:
Who wants a lap full of wool in the summer?

If the Knitting Fairy had wanted you to knit year round, she would have
arranged for you to be a light house keeper in Alaska or have you running a
weather station in the Orkneys : )

You will get out the wool again when the snow flies.

Aaron

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
I can not get into my knitting or crochet, I don't even want to pick it up
or look at it.

It is summer time and fishing time, maybe a little gardening.

Any one else?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Thanks Aron,
I always enjoy hearing from you.

Friends for sure,
Dennis
Old June 9th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Laura J wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the fantastic idea, I am kind of a camera nut. Taking
pictures out of the books of the projects you want. You know what I
will be doing. Our closest knit shop in DeKalb, IL has a great library.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old June 9th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
I just put took Gail to the Emergency Room tonight, she is on bad shape.
When you life parter is gone you become very disorientated for a while.
If you have an extra prayer please send one this way.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis, I am so sorry to read that Gail is in the hospital. I will say a
prayer for her recovery, and one for your peace of mind.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 9th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Not Likely wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message
I just put took Gail to the Emergency Room tonight, she is on bad shape.
When you life parter is gone you become very disorientated for a while.
If you have an extra prayer please send one this way.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

111
Dennis, I am so sorry to read that Gail is in the hospital. I will say a
prayer for her recovery, and one for your peace of mind.

*hugs*
Gemini

Thank you so much Gem!!!!!!