A new "let's finish it" group is born!

Old January 2nd 04, 12:52 AM
nzl*

oh dear me, Patti,
i will be working only with the stash i have now. if i cant find what i want
then its not what the design needs.
that said.....
theres just so many designs out there to tackle and i just cant decide which
to do first. its all wrapped round the fabrics for said designs as well of
course.
so i try to imagine what fabrics i'll use in a particular design but by the
time i think about that a while the brain goes off on another design idea
and well i just dont get much done at all.

i'm working on a lovely flower wreath block kit now.
its going well but slowly. the petals on the flowers are only one centimetre
across and theres 12 flowers on it with 4 petals each and then 2 wee leaves
the same size between each flower. the stitches are so tiny i do it without
my glasses right up close and i can only handle doing 4 or 6 petals in any
one sitting.
i'm getting there though sloooooooowly. sigh...
then theres the embroidery to add to it. then i dont quite know what i'll do
with the block. oh well, i might get an idea when its finished.
i'd really be happy to consider any designs though. perhaps some rctq'rs
have ideas they could email me for consideration. maybe that would get me
moving.
come on rctq fill up my inbox with great ideas/pix/urls that appeal to you.
applique designs of course are what i'm after...just said that incase you
forgot by the time you got thru this loooooooong post, lol.
cooking in the heat of this south pacific isle today,
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old January 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
nzl*

heehee, i'm logging into yahoo now. wont be long.
noooooooo, no snow. i just dont cope well with either too hot or too cold
and snow is toooooooo cold for me.

jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Jalynne" wrote...
> [...]
| | work something out for you to do that you would really enjoy?
| | How would that be?
| | .
| | In article , nzl*
| | writes
| | just shoot me!!
| | arghhhhhhhhh
| | t'werent a beg, t'were just pointing out the obvious.
| | i dont beg, i dont need to beg, its not my style at any rate.
| | i am delirious with joy with the quilts/quilting stuff i got now.
| | oh dear me....
| | ok ok, i do need one thing from somewhere.....
| | i need the ability to decide exactly what design to pursue and what
| fabrics
| | to use to set that design off to its very best so i can get started.
| | for that i'll beg and beg and beg til the sheep come home.
| | Happy Ewe Near to all on RCTQ, the joiners and the lurkers.
| |

Old January 2nd 04, 01:01 AM
Jalynne

Old January 2nd 04, 01:01 AM
Sharon Harper

Any other day I'd have said yes please but not today! We've been sent
another lot of chippys (that's the 3rd set the site supervisor has given us)
and these are the best. The frame for upstairs is up and they are wrapping
it in foil tonight - so no rain/snow/heavy winds as I'm not sure I'll
survive the stress!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

hlink.net...

Old January 2nd 04, 04:26 AM
Pat in Virginia

Alice:
I like the motivational aspect of this, but NOT the Yahoo aspect.
Yahoo is not user friendly. It is a real PIT*! Is there anyway to
do this without being involved with Yahoo. In case you haven't
noticed, I do not like Yahoo. Ta,
PAT in VA/USA

AliceW wrote:

There was a very successful Yahoo group set up last year known as FII2003
(Finish It In 2003). That group was so much fun we have set up FSM2004
(Finish Some More in 2004). This group is open to all. The plan is to
decide what you want to finish and/or start in 2004 and share that with the
group either in an email or as a file. Then each month we share our
accomplishments - or not - with the group. We post pictures of our
projects, support each other through crunch times and cheer the finished
projects. I see that many folks are setting up goals for next year, so if
you have WIPs and PIGS that you plan on finishing next year, feel free to
join. You can reach the group by going to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSM2004

If you need additional info on the group, feel free to email me at alice
hypen wurpel at comcast dot net.

Alice

Old January 2nd 04, 06:00 AM
D&D

Hope you are taking lots of photos of the progress.

Dee in Oz

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Any other day I'd have said yes please but not today! We've been sent
another lot of chippys (that's the 3rd set the site supervisor has given

us)
and these are the best. The frame for upstairs is up and they are

wrapping
it in foil tonight - so no rain/snow/heavy winds as I'm not sure I'll
survive the stress!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

hlink.net...

Old January 2nd 04, 08:31 AM
Patti

OK Jeanne, you asked for it!!
(a few ideas sent by e-mail g)
..
In article , nzl*
writes

Old January 2nd 04, 12:16 PM
frood

I don't like Yahoo, either. I did sign up for the group, but as with the
other yahoo groups I've dropped out of, I'll have to see how long my
patience with it lasts!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 2nd 04, 01:37 PM
Roberta Zollner

Marissa, I am terminally jealous of your mother! The reason for having
children is to get grandchildren (although I did not realize this back
then).
My DDs are 31 and 27, and due to move up a year in the spring. At least they
never said they didn't want kids!
Roberta in D

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
don't nag them, they'll come around at their own time.. how old are
they? I was never going to get married or have kids (or dye my hair),
and here I am, 3 strikes... BTW, my mom is calling this 2004 Sofia's
year, she said she is probably the most wanted baby ever except maybe
some heiress to a fortune or a throne out there somewhere... ).... I
can't believe how excited my family is about her, I think probably even
more than we are! (I bet they are not thinking of sleepless nights,
poopy diapers, expensive daycare, and the end of life as we know it... I
know, everybody says it is worth it, but I have to see it to believe it!

:O)

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Who knows, I might change policy when I get some grandchildren. Speaking

of
which, maybe this wonderful group could send some positive thoughts in

that
direction. I WANT GRANDCHILDREN! (Sorry to raise my voice.) It's

frustrating
to want something so much and not be able to do anything about it. I did
tell each DD once, but it's no good nagging them. They need suitable

mates
first anyway. So please cross your fingers or whatever you do and hope

that
I will some day (sooner) have grandchildren to inherit my unfinished

tops!
Roberta in D

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old January 2nd 04, 07:42 PM
nzl*

hee hee, and so far you're the 'only one' whos emailed me with ideas. a
couple of great ideas too, thanks, Pat!!

come on folks, surely theres more of you with stuff rolling round inside
those big round things on your shoulders that might entice me to get a move
on my applique.
jeanne
looking forward to more emails in my inbox at home bout this, geeeeeez, u'd
think there'd be heaps
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Patti" wrote...
| OK Jeanne, you asked for it!!
| (a few ideas sent by e-mail g).

nzl* writes