A new "let's finish it" group is born!

Old January 1st 04, 12:15 AM
Diana Curtis

Come across as deranged? No, you just keep claiming to be nuts. I thought
for sure you wanted that deranged top for yourself. My mistake.
Tee hee
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
"nzl*" wrote in message
hmmmmm, so i come across as deranged here?
whatever gave you that impression?
i'm not one for begging and i'm anything but subtle as a rule.
go figure...
jeanne
thinking this could explain a few things that had me confuddled
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Diana Curtis" wrote...
| That has to be thee most subtle beg I have *ever* heard.
| Diana
|
| --
| Queen of FAQs
| Royal Peace Maker
| http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

| "nzl*" wrote...
| think how many deranged people there are out there in the world.
| just bound to be one who'd love that quilt.
| happy new year!!!!!!!
| jeanne

| "Polly Esther" wrote...
| | You're kidding. Kind of (just a little) makes me sorry about the

last
| one I tossed out. I had intended it to be lively. It became more like
| deranged - but I guess somebody could have enjoyed it. Maybe. Polly

| | "Queen of Squishies" wrote...
| | .............keep going anyway. Doesn't have to look just
| absolutely gorgeous to me. It will probably look wonderful to someone
else,
| and I'll give it to someone else.

| | Yes!! I do a lot of quillows (I piece not only the pocket but

the
| front of the quillow - what fun otherwise?) Most of them are scrap
patterns
| | because I like scrap patterns. However, last year I decided to do a
| "planned" quillow with a definite color scheme that appealed to me -
during the design process. However, after I finished piecing it, I

decided
it was
| a big mistake. Didn't like it at all. Oh, well, finished it anyway.
Then
| last month, a relative asked to buy some quillows. Guess which one

she

Old January 1st 04, 12:17 AM
nzl*

oh i c now.
nope, i'm more than happy with all i've got.
jeanne
now i can figure out the difference between nuts and deranged,
just for my own knowledge, that is
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Diana Curtis" wrote...
| Come across as deranged? No, you just keep claiming to be nuts. I thought
| for sure you wanted that deranged top for yourself. My mistake.
| Tee hee
| Diana
|
| --
| Queen of FAQs
| Royal Peace Maker
| http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
| "nzl*" wrote in message
| hmmmmm, so i come across as deranged here?
| whatever gave you that impression?
| i'm not one for begging and i'm anything but subtle as a rule.
| go figure...
| jeanne
| thinking this could explain a few things that had me confuddled
| --
| http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
| real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
|

| "Diana Curtis" wrote...
| | That has to be thee most subtle beg I have *ever* heard.
| | Diana
| |

Old January 1st 04, 03:00 PM
Roberta Zollner

Who knows, I might change policy when I get some grandchildren. Speaking of
which, maybe this wonderful group could send some positive thoughts in that
direction. I WANT GRANDCHILDREN! (Sorry to raise my voice.) It's frustrating
to want something so much and not be able to do anything about it. I did
tell each DD once, but it's no good nagging them. They need suitable mates
first anyway. So please cross your fingers or whatever you do and hope that
I will some day (sooner) have grandchildren to inherit my unfinished tops!
Roberta in D

"Piglet" wrote in message
On the other hand, one does not want to get rid of *all* one's unquilted
tops----if you do, how will you have a stray descendant wandering around

for
years going "ohmigod, look at these tops I inherited".....

--pig, noting that when they're Grandma's Quilt Tops, you don't care if
they're perfect or not.....

On 12/31/03 5:28 AM, opined:

It's sure easy to piece a few more than I care to quilt. Some of them

are
not quite what I had in mind. But every quilt seems to develop an

opinion of
its own to surprise me, so that's OK. When I need to clear the decks, I

give
myself a deadline. The ones I don't like as well or simply don't have

room
for go to my favorite charity auction. This auction occurs twice per

year
online and once at the organization's annual conference, so 3 deadlines
right there!
Roberta in D

Old January 1st 04, 06:36 PM
Butterfly

She has got to have been the VERY BEST BEG in all of 2003
Brings a tear to ones' eye.
Butterfly (did Miz Ragmop SEE this one)

Old January 1st 04, 06:38 PM
Dr. Quilter

don't nag them, they'll come around at their own time.. how old are
they? I was never going to get married or have kids (or dye my hair),
and here I am, 3 strikes... BTW, my mom is calling this 2004 Sofia's
year, she said she is probably the most wanted baby ever except maybe
some heiress to a fortune or a throne out there somewhere... ).... I
can't believe how excited my family is about her, I think probably even
more than we are! (I bet they are not thinking of sleepless nights,
poopy diapers, expensive daycare, and the end of life as we know it... I
know, everybody says it is worth it, but I have to see it to believe it! :O)

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Who knows, I might change policy when I get some grandchildren. Speaking of
which, maybe this wonderful group could send some positive thoughts in that
direction. I WANT GRANDCHILDREN! (Sorry to raise my voice.) It's frustrating
to want something so much and not be able to do anything about it. I did
tell each DD once, but it's no good nagging them. They need suitable mates
first anyway. So please cross your fingers or whatever you do and hope that
I will some day (sooner) have grandchildren to inherit my unfinished tops!
Roberta in D

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old January 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Dr. Quilter

that was good Diana! )

Old January 1st 04, 08:46 PM
nzl*

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh what to do, oh what to do...
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Butterfly" wrote...
| She has got to have been the VERY BEST BEG in all of 2003
| Brings a tear to ones' eye.
| Butterfly (did Miz Ragmop SEE this one)

| "Diana Curtis" wrote...
| That has to be thee most subtle beg I have *ever* heard.
| Diana
|
| --
| Queen of FAQs
| Royal Peace Maker
| http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
| "nzl*" wrote in message
| think how many deranged people there are out there in the world.
| just bound to be one who'd love that quilt.
| happy new year!!!!!!!
| jeanne
| --
| http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
| real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
|

| "Polly Esther" wrote...
| | You're kidding. Kind of (just a little) makes me sorry about the
last
| one
| | tossed out. I had intended it to be lively. It became more like
| deranged -
| | but I guess somebody could have enjoyed it. Maybe. Polly
|

| | "Queen of Squishies" wrote...
| |

Old January 1st 04, 09:00 PM
nzl*

just shoot me!!
arghhhhhhhhh
t'werent a beg, t'were just pointing out the obvious.
i dont beg, i dont need to beg, its not my style at any rate.
i am delirious with joy with the quilts/quilting stuff i got now.
oh dear me....
ok ok, i do need one thing from somewhere.....
i need the ability to decide exactly what design to pursue and what fabrics
to use to set that design off to its very best so i can get started.
for that i'll beg and beg and beg til the sheep come home.
Happy Ewe Near to all on RCTQ, the joiners and the lurkers.
you know who you are...
baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa,
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Dr. Quilter" wrote...
| that was good Diana! )
|
| Diana Curtis wrote:
|
| That has to be thee most subtle beg I have *ever* heard.
| Diana
|
| --
| Queen of FAQs
| Royal Peace Maker
| http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
| "nzl*" wrote in message
|
| think how many deranged people there are out there in the world.
| just bound to be one who'd love that quilt.
| happy new year!!!!!!!
| jeanne
| --
| http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
| real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
|

| "Polly Esther" wrote...
| | You're kidding. Kind of (just a little) makes me sorry about the last
|
| one

| | tossed out. I had intended it to be lively. It became more like
|
| deranged -
|
| | but I guess somebody could have enjoyed it. Maybe. Polly
|

| | "Queen of Squishies" wrote...
| |

Old January 1st 04, 09:53 PM
I.E.Z.

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
don't nag them, they'll come around at their own time.. how old are
they? I was never going to get married or have kids (or dye my hair),
and here I am, 3 strikes... BTW, my mom is calling this 2004 Sofia's
year, she said she is probably the most wanted baby ever except maybe
some heiress to a fortune or a throne out there somewhere... ).... I
can't believe how excited my family is about her, I think probably even
more than we are! (I bet they are not thinking of sleepless nights,
poopy diapers, expensive daycare, and the end of life as we know it... I
know, everybody says it is worth it, but I have to see it to believe it!

:O)

Oh yes, you will have all those things. And people will say "the first
twelve weeks are the worst" and you will think "twelve weeks!!! I can't
last twelve weeks!!!" But you will...and then you will turn around and
suddenly she will be twelve years old. Then come the grumpy teen years when
you won't do anything right. But eventually she'll get to where my son is
now - nineteen, in college, practically grown up, and even fun to talk to!
Yes, it is worth it.

Iris

Old January 1st 04, 10:20 PM
Patti

Hullo Jeanne
Now then, with all your computer expertise an' all, you could get us
going in the decision-making process!! You know we love it.
Did you say you couldn't do the photographs bit? (no camera??))
Well, you'll have to do it by descriptions (and pattern web sites?).
Tell us what you think you fancy in design, and then what type of fabric
you like - you could find some on a shop site perhaps? Then we could
work something out for you to do that you would really enjoy?
How would that be?
..
In article , nzl*
writes
just shoot me!!
arghhhhhhhhh
t'werent a beg, t'were just pointing out the obvious.
i dont beg, i dont need to beg, its not my style at any rate.
i am delirious with joy with the quilts/quilting stuff i got now.
oh dear me....
ok ok, i do need one thing from somewhere.....
i need the ability to decide exactly what design to pursue and what fabrics
to use to set that design off to its very best so i can get started.
for that i'll beg and beg and beg til the sheep come home.
Happy Ewe Near to all on RCTQ, the joiners and the lurkers.
you know who you are...
baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa,
jeanne

--