Christmas Ornament Patterns or Kits?

Old May 8th 04, 04:56 AM
salllyjo

Default Christmas Ornament Patterns or Kits?

Hi,

I wonder if someone can direct me to a good online source for cross
stitch patterns, especially Christmas Ornaments? I'm interested in
patterns or kits. I make ornaments every year for nieces and nephews
(this year is Disney), and I'm running out of cute patterns. They don't
have to be kid-oriented ... just cute or colorful.

I don't have a LNS, and Michaels' selection is pretty poor. I used to
order online for a large website that I think went out of business ...
don't remember the name.

Thanks in advance,

sallyjo
Old May 8th 04, 05:16 AM
Diane Hare

salllyjo wrote:
I wonder if someone can direct me to a good online source for cross
stitch patterns, especially Christmas Ornaments?
(this year is Disney)

Good luck . . . there aren't a lot of Disney freebies out there. I
don't know if I've seen a legal free one yet.

Have you tried charting your own? It might make 'em more special for
the kids, even if they were identical, if you'd done it from scratch.

Diane Hare

Old May 8th 04, 05:29 AM
Diane Hare

I'm sorry I initially misread Sallyjo's post.

I found a kit for four different Disney ornaments and the design looks
versatile enough to use in various fashions.
http://www.craftystitching.com/catal...ategory_id=331
It's about half down the screen.

Diane Hare

Old May 8th 04, 05:48 AM
salllyjo

Thanks Diane. I'll check this out.

I think I wasn't clear in my post ... I'm not necessarily looking for
Disney Christmas ornaments (I already have a pattern for those that I'm
making this year). I'm looking for ANY Christmas ornament patterns or
kits. Don't have to be characters or kid-oriented.

And I expect to purchase them ... just looking for a good online store.

Thanks!

sallyjo

Old May 8th 04, 08:07 AM
Kristy Malarkey

Try www.janlynn.com they have alot of stuff and don't forget to check out
the "free kits & Patterns", and if you order from them they ship quick and
lots of times they include freebies. Not affiliated, just a really happy
customer :-)

Kristy

Old May 8th 04, 12:34 PM
Sally

I wonder if someone can direct me to a good online source for cross
stitch patterns, especially Christmas Ornaments?

Have you looked at www.nordicneedle.com yet? I just did a search
there, and came up with pages of possibilities. You'll find not only
the cross stitch items, but other types of stitching as well.
I'm a Christmas addict - so know your search! Have done it many
times!

Sally Rudkin
Stitchin'Spiration - a hobby gone wild ... or a dream come true!!!!
http://stores.ebay.com/Stitchinspiration
Old May 8th 04, 02:05 PM

salllyjo wrote in
:

Hi,

I wonder if someone can direct me to a good online source for cross
stitch patterns, especially Christmas Ornaments?

I love the Mill Hill bead cross stitch ornament kits
(http://www.millhill.com). I do the santas and snowmen sets every year,
and used them as gift tags for presents for the extened family (until we
stopped exchanging gifts). You can order from their site, but the order
goes to an LNS you select. Last time I ordered, it took quite a while to
get them, because the store I selected was out of them.

Of course, every year Just Cross Stitch magazine puts out their ornament
issue. They have a lovely variety of ornaments of all sorts.

Old May 9th 04, 11:28 AM
Susan in Ontario

I love to find little things to stitch as an ornament on larger christmas
pieces, like taking a snowman out of a stocking chart, or a Santa face out
of a magazine piece.....and stitch them on 14 count plastic canvas. Then
you just have to cut them out, glue on some felt and you're done. They turn
out kinda cute, I've got some in my "Christmas Stitching" section of my
PictureTrail album if you want to see.

www.picturetrail.com/susanbinns

Good luck, whatever you decide. I LOVE doing ornaments!

Susan in Ontario

Old May 9th 04, 04:56 PM
salllyjo

What a good idea! I'm off now to look at my leaflets (I have many
Christmas ones) and see what pieces I can turn into ornaments ...

Thanks!

Old May 10th 04, 01:57 PM
Elizabeth O'Rourke

Have you checked out all the Christmas charts free on our website?
www.classicstitches.com
Liz

Conversation: Christmas Ornament Patterns or Kits?
Subject: Christmas Ornament Patterns or Kits?

Hi,

I wonder if someone can direct me to a good online source for cross
stitch patterns, especially Christmas Ornaments? I'm interested in
patterns or kits. I make ornaments every year for nieces and nephews
(this year is Disney), and I'm running out of cute patterns. They don't
have to be kid-oriented ... just cute or colorful.

I don't have a LNS, and Michaels' selection is pretty poor. I used to
order online for a large website that I think went out of business ...
don't remember the name.

Thanks in advance,

sallyjo

ebay: new listings: knitted, beaded patterns & crewel embroidery kits... marilyn safier Marketplace 0 December 15th 04 08:36 PM
FS/giveaway: Crochet (mostly) books & patterns Joan Erickson Marketplace 2 October 9th 04 09:56 PM
AD: New Christmas Page Kits Spot Rubberstamps 0 December 16th 03 03:05 AM
christmas ornament pattern blue Beads 1 November 27th 03 03:47 PM
Woolfelt Material, Woolfelt Vests and Woolfelt Patterns and Kits - Applecreek Designs Diane Marketplace 0 November 20th 03 03:37 AM