Quilted Baby "Thing" for Grocery Cart

Old August 15th 03, 08:25 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Quilted Baby "Thing" for Grocery Cart

Hi Guys,
Well, the SMDGD is starting to sit up by herself and will soon be mobile
enough to sit in the seat of the grocery cart when DD takes her shopping. I
have seen those quilted "things" that go in the cart seat area and then you put
the baby in them and they keep the little one more secure. Some of them have
toys attached, etc. Anyway, I have looked at Simplicity & McCalls for a pattern
and haven't seen anything. Has anyone here seen a pattern for one of these?
I would (of course) make it out of pieced blocks to match the baby quilt I
made. They are just such a strange shape that it would be *much* easier &
quicker to have a commercial pattern! I can make my own but if I could buy one
on sale at Wally World, it would sure be helpful!
If there aren't any available from the "regular" pattern companies, does
anyone know of a source for a pattern? Actually, I don't even know what they
are called or I would Google the silly thing and see what I could find! Maybe
I should go look at Baby's-R-Us and see what they call them!! OK -- any info
appreciated. Thanks & CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old August 16th 03, 12:39 AM
Bea Whitson

Mary,
Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.kidsstuff.com/n128-propsoft.html

The price is $13.59. I put shopping cart baby holder in Google and came up
with everything from breast pumps to diaper wipes holder, baby slings, and
pacifier holders, it was a fun search.

Bea

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
[...]

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

Old August 16th 03, 05:59 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Chip's Mom"

I got one on
www.sewbaby.com

OOOO -- thanks for the addy!! I will send the link to DD and see if this is
the one she wants. There are two different ones out there. This one from
SewBaby is more "tailored" for lack of a better word :-))). The other one we
have seen is more like a big "pouf" of quilted fabric that covers the front,
sides and back of the cart seat area. I am not sure which she wants or if she
even has a preference. Thanks again & CiaoMeow ^;;^
..