The "mother" of all yarn stashes!!

Old September 13th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default The "mother" of all yarn stashes!!

On Jul 26, 4:29 pm, "DA" don't live wrote:
"Vintage Purls" wrote in message

oups.com...

Cripes!

Is it just me who thinks that's an awful lot of money that's been
spent on a lot of yarn that isn't doing anything useful?
It really does look like a yarn shop rather than one woman's personal
stash.

VP

That would depend on your point of view, I have a dozen or so boxes of
angora (100%) that I paid $3.00 US dollars a ball for when a LYS closed
several years ago. I would much rather have it to use when ever I want than
paying $10-$15 for the same yarn now. Perhaps this lady found deals that
were too good to pass up also.
DA

Da I don`t know where you live [ i mean in the climatic ear], but some
places have a bad influence on yarn that just lies there ,,,
unused ,,,,
i do a twice a year check on my Aggeration of yarns . and mine are
`mostly` , ends or leftovers of projects + those strange sacks people
bring me with their leftovers !!!
But i also have to admit that i have a ball or 2 that are very old ,,,
ps i also weave ,,,, which luckily `eats` up quite a lot of
materials,,,, mirjam

The "gales" of November AKA: yarn stash shopping YarnWright Yarn 0 November 5th 06 07:30 PM
"ball of yarn" beads Georgia Yarn 3 September 21st 06 02:10 AM
OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" rather than a "girl"? Tricia Quilting 104 September 1st 06 10:28 PM
OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" ratherthan a "girl"? off kilter quilter Quilting 0 August 30th 06 02:33 AM
The New "CS&N", formerly "Stitcher's World" Skyhooks Needlework 0 January 17th 06 11:25 PM