Almost an FO

Old July 8th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

Default Almost an FO

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:13:41 -0500, "Shillelagh" wrote:

A friend told me about a Google photo sharing thing called "Picasa"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasa
Picasa allows for 1 GB of free storage space which I saw written elsewhere
as translated into 4000 photos (not sure what size photos).

I just joined the Picasa service after reading an article in the New
York Times that compared various services. The Picasa service is easy
to join, and it's easy to invite friends to see your photos if you
don't want them accessible to the whole world.

Also, Picasa is a very nice free photo manipulation program that
resides on your desktop. It lets you do all the most common things,
like straighten, crop, lighten, darken, fix red eye, and correct odd
color tints. I use photoshop for most of my photo correction, but
Picasa has a lot of the basic capability and is free.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old July 8th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"B Vaughan" wrote in message

I just joined the Picasa service after reading an article in the New
York Times that compared various services. The Picasa service is easy
to join, and it's easy to invite friends to see your photos if you
don't want them accessible to the whole world.

Picasa has a lot of the basic capability and is free.
--
Barbara Vaughan

Thanks for the info Barbara.... I couldn't find anywhere on the site that
they charge a fee to keep up the membership, so hopefully it truly is free
like Yahoo. Some of them want you to purchase something within a year, or
they delete you, and I don't want that ;(

I probably will migrate to Picasa.
Shelagh

Old July 9th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Wow! That's simply adorable! I love it. Great work! I don't see any dye
lot issues in the photo you posted. It's lovely.

Lisa

"hesira" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking but not posting much lately. Busy with the boys and
summertime.

I finally sewed the vintage baby jacket together. I have a few loose
ends and it needs buttons, but it turned out pretty well. I don't
know if you remember the dye lot problem, but I had to use a different
one for the sleeves. I don't think the difference is that
noticeable. I thought I would over-dye the garment if it looked bad,
but I'm thinking now, I'll leave it be.

Here's a picture of where it's at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35043669@N00/748837652/

Hugs,

Hesira

Old September 12th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Oh! How pretty!

Truly a sweet little jacket. Was it difficult?

Murielle