serger

Old August 12th 04, 07:15 AM
Zuzi

Default serger

Hello,

I tryed to use my serger ( Frister and Rosmann ) last night again and but
after I press the pedal the machine dasnt respond. Any idea what could be
wrong? I got it in England so I am using adapter here.

I live in Amsterdam (NL), is there someone who can give me tip where I can
bring my machine to be checked or where I can get a new pedal in case mine
is wrong.

Thank you for your help
regards
Zuzi

Old August 12th 04, 09:57 PM
Sarah Dale

Zuzi wrote:

I tryed to use my serger ( Frister and Rosmann ) last night again and but
after I press the pedal the machine dasnt respond. Any idea what could be
wrong? I got it in England so I am using adapter here.
I live in Amsterdam (NL), is there someone who can give me tip where I can
bring my machine to be checked or where I can get a new pedal in case mine
is wrong.

Hi Zuzi,

There are a number of things that spring to mind here. But first of all -
ALWAYS BE CAREFUL WITH ELECTRICITY.

Second - with the power OFF - check that everything is connected up properly
- socket in the wall to adaptor to serger, serger to foot pedal. Make sure
all the plugs are pushed all the way in.

Third - now turn things on - socket on wall, serger. Check the light comes
on. And then see if the foot pedal works.

If the light comes on, and you can hand turn the machine, but the foot pedal
doesn't work, then the problem lies somewhere in the circuitry (*), in
which case you need to find a sewing machine engineer to have a look at it
all for you. If you can't hand turn the machine and the foot pedal doesn't
work, then it would suggest that the machine has a jam somewhere that needs
clearing, before you try anything else. (Have you cleaned it and oiled it
recently? The one time my old machine stopped responding to the foot petal
is when it seized up through lack of oil!)

(*) there is a very remote possibility that there is an incompatibility
between your NL power supply and your english machine - especially if your
machine is an older model, and it was working OK in England.

Does the machine make a whining or louder humming noise when you press on
the foot pedal when nothing happens?

HTH

Sarah

Serger and quilting The Laws Quilting 2 December 27th 04 07:48 PM
OT - used serger NinaJ Quilting 25 October 7th 04 04:04 PM
sewing garment seams with a serger Ann Pillman Sewing 8 March 31st 04 09:07 AM
Favorite Serger stitch Survey shereesews Sewing 3 January 8th 04 10:36 PM
Serger Progect Book. 56 Great serger ideas! madhatress Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 01:48 AM