Heartfelt Thanks and a good bye

Old November 7th 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

Default Heartfelt Thanks and a good bye

I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell all of you who sent
materials, offered advice and gave help to my grandmother's Bible
Blocks quilt, one more big "Thank You". She thoroughly enjoyed her
colorful quilt every day.

My grandmother finally overcame her fight against Alzheimer's at 1:00
a.m. this morning. She was a devout and faithful Christian and there
is no doubt in my mind that she is in a much better place now than she
has been for the past year.

Last night before my mother left her, my mom said that Mimi raised
both arms up off of the bed, reached out and called, "Dutch"! My
grandmother and grandfather were always called Dutch and the
Dutchess. Mom says she felt sure that her mom had gone to meet her
dad. What a joyful reunion that must be.

It is so hard to say good-bye and I hurt deeply for my mother who just
can't imagine a world without her mother in it..... but I am so happy
for my grandmother to finally have peace and serenity in her Father's
house.

Thank you again for your love and support. Pat (on your hill), my
grandmother loved those lilies and I will always think of you whenever
I see them. Thank you, with all my heart. I hope and pray that my
mother will continue to take comfort in Mimi's Bible Blocks in the
days to come.

Tina

Old November 7th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Hugs Tina, and to your Mom too.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old November 7th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Sorry for your and your mom's loss.
Barbara in SC

Old November 7th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tina}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--
Debi

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

oups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Tina, my sympathies to you and your family. But even in the sadness, there's
a sense of joy that your grandma is home where she and her love have been
reunited.

Hugs to you and your mother.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

oups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Hugs en route to you, your mom and your entire family. You can find comfort
in knowing that the "dutch & dutchess" are once again in each others arms.

--
Kate in MI

oups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Tina, I am so sorry to learn of your loss. Cyber hugs and prayers for your
hurting hearts are going out from me to you and your family.

--

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.
leslie AT spunkyladycreations DOT com

oups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Bless her soul, and those of her family she leaves behind.
Holding everyone close in my meditations,
Ginger in CA