Help! I can't stop!!!

Old February 26th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Help! I can't stop!!!

Ok, so I got the latest issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine and really
liked the quilt that had ovals appliqued to 4.5x5.5" rectangles. It
intrigued me. But it wasn't until I watched one of the current episodes
posted on the Simply Quilts site yesterday that I realized there was a "new"
way to do them! (Plus I already had the book from the author on the SQ
episode.)
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_98..._58466,00.html
So this afternoon I started playing. It's now quarter till midnight and I'm
forcing myself to stop making blocks. I have 16 made! (I did stop for a
while to make a turkey breast and mashed potatoes, etc.) My sewing room
floor is flooded with batiks I've thrown all over the place! Help!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old February 26th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

Kathyl,
i'm on dial up and its either not gonna load that video for me or its gonna
take forever and then some.
what is the block called? whats the episode #? whos the designer, yea that
outta be easy to find the regular page on the site for the designer.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"KJ" wrote...

Old February 26th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Let's see, Leslie likes batiks, you could just scoop them into a box for
her. We wouldn't want you to drown, now would we? evil grin Do not send
them to me, I'm trying to clean up. Are you going to post pics of your
lovely applique blocks?
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 26th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

That link took me to Floating Leaves, so I guess they have
changed the videos available.

Can you name the book or designer or technique?

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_98..._58466,00.html
: So this afternoon I started playing. It's now quarter
till midnight and I'm
: forcing myself to stop making blocks. I have 16 made! (I
did stop for a
: while to make a turkey breast and mashed potatoes, etc.)
My sewing room
: floor is flooded with batiks I've thrown all over the
place! Help!
:
: --
: Kathyl (KJ)
: remove "nospam" before mchsi
: http://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz
:
:

Old February 26th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

If you look at the little menu on the left....the next video after the
floating leaves is the Pieced Curves. There are three videos available.
The technique I'm using is the second one. Although I was also tempted by
the floating leaves...but I don't have the bleach stop chemical.
Whew...that's good! The book is "Pieced Curves...so Simple" by Dale
Fleming. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get more done.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old February 26th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting...302936,00.html

Here's the technique. Only I'm doing ovals like the quilt in the QNM
article. I need to get some more Avery's permanent glue stick tomorrow.
Mine is old and gummy. And I tried another one and found out why this
particular brand is recommended....it worked much better than my "quilters'
fabric glue stick". I just checked the QNM site, but they don't have a
picture of the cool oval quilt. Now it's 1:15 and I can't get to sleep.
But I did make myself leave the sewing room and try to watch some TV to wind
down.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old February 26th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, if I can stop long enough.
ARRGGGHHH! I had another project I was chugging away on before this one bit
me in the butt.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
nk.net...

Old February 26th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy McNutt

you can go to hgtv home page and click on videos and
type simply quilts on the search and it brings up 105
simply quilt shows and it also has a lot of their other
craft and woodworking videos on too.
dreamboat
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116

Old February 26th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

That is amazing! Does it really really work? I'm umpteen projects
behind, but that's worth a try.

joan

Old February 26th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

And why two layers of freezer paper?

joan