Somebody stop me!!!

Old December 8th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Default Somebody stop me!!!

Ok, so I popped over and downloaded a trial version of quilt design
software to see what all the hoopla was about....now I know! I've been
playing like crazy with this thing, and even called DH and informed him
that I have a whole new addiction. There is so much to see and do with
the software that I might have to investigate getting a complete
package once I learn a bit more...

Why do I torture myself thusly?

And you are expecting the BOM on the first? Yeah right! Only if I
figure out how to stop playing with the software!!!!!

Ah well, I must tell you all that I learned something very quickly
yesterday. I learned that when you have a very sore knee, it isn't a
wise idea to crawl around on the floor and trim up a quilt that has
just come back from the long-arm quilter! It's the Purple and Green
Star swap top and it is awaiting a binding now. I'm going to make my
first bias binding for it...which should be interesting! And I have
another quilt that has the binding half on, ready to hand stitch it
down on the opposite side (DM made the quilt for my DS, I'm just
finishing it up for her). And then I need to fix the problem in the
Black and White and Red Allover top, but I think I should make a few
Christmas presents first...

So much to do! So little time!

Dannielle

Old December 8th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betty in Wi

So, Dannielle, what is the software? Maybe we all should try it out. You
have me intrigued!

Betty in WI

oups.com...

Old December 9th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Right now I am playing with a free trial version of 123Quilt from
QuiltPro.com, but I am already researching better programs. Ones that
I can create my own blocks and have all the added features of pre-made
blocks, scan fabrics, etc, etc, etc. I am using this as a starting
place to explore my own wants/needs/desires in software...

Maybe I'll be asking more from people here soon!

Dannielle

Betty in Wi wrote:
So, Dannielle, what is the software? Maybe we all should try it out. You
have me intrigued!

Betty in WI

oups.com...

Old December 9th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

I love EQ5 and I haven't taken full advantage of it yet (I'm really
lazy and haven't really dug into what it can do). I won't let myself
buy the new version until I really spend some time maximizing what I
can do with the one I have. But it's really good.

Sunny

Betty in Wi wrote:
So, Dannielle, what is the software? Maybe we all should try it out. You
have me intrigued!

Betty in WI

oups.com...

Old December 9th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Sunny -- that's no fun..... it may be wise financially... but definitely NO FUN~!

I wish I had your will power!

Kate in MI

oups.com...

Betty in Wi wrote:
So, Dannielle, what is the software? Maybe we all should try it out. You
have me intrigued!

Betty in WI

oups.com...

stop smoking Arun Ram.K Quilting 25 May 31st 06 03:47 PM
MQing - Half speed or full speed, stop Qing to move hands?? Mindy Huffman Quilting 5 September 22nd 04 08:07 PM
MQing - Half speed or full speed, stop Qing to move hands?? Mindy Huffman Quilting 2 September 18th 04 03:41 AM
nbr but helpful - Stop grey popups with no downloading Pamela Welborn Beads 0 July 5th 03 04:23 AM