New discussion forum for pottery, ceramics, kilns

Old May 30th 05, 09:07 PM
DD

Default New discussion forum for pottery, ceramics, kilns

For a while it has been difficult to find any good place on the web to talk
about statuary, ceramics, kilns, clay polymer, paints, brushes, and
supplies. This forum started just a few months ago, is rising in popularity
as a great place to discuss these topics:

http://www.statuaryplace.com/dicussion_frame.html

Old June 2nd 05, 12:12 AM
Bubbles

"DD" wrote in message
.. .
For a while it has been difficult to find any good place on the web to
talk about statuary, ceramics, kilns, clay polymer, paints, brushes, and
supplies. This forum started just a few months ago, is rising in
popularity as a great place to discuss these topics:

http://www.statuaryplace.com/dicussion_frame.html

Wrong - THIS forum is a good place to discuss anything ceramics/clay! ;-P

Marianne

Old June 2nd 05, 11:38 PM
Steve Mills

In article , Bubbles
writes

"DD" wrote in message
. ..
For a while it has been difficult to find any good place on the web to
talk about statuary, ceramics, kilns, clay polymer, paints, brushes, and
supplies. This forum started just a few months ago, is rising in
popularity as a great place to discuss these topics:

http://www.statuaryplace.com/dicussion_frame.html

Wrong - THIS forum is a good place to discuss anything ceramics/clay! ;-P

Marianne

AMEN!

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old June 6th 05, 05:43 AM
DD

The forum at Statuary Place is better when you can't access USENET
newsreader software (like when using someone else's computer).

"Bubbles" wrote in message

.. .

Old June 6th 05, 06:28 AM
Lori

Second that!!! :-)

Lori

Life is a work of art,
Created by the one who lives it.
~Unknown~

Old June 6th 05, 01:40 PM
Bubbles

"DD" wrote in message
. ..
The forum at Statuary Place is better when you can't access USENET
newsreader software (like when using someone else's computer).

Or you can use http://groups.google.com to access this forum

Marianne

Old June 7th 05, 02:49 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

There is also ClayCraft:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/ClayCraft

The big advantage there is that because you have to be a member to
read, you don't get spammed like you do on USENET, but you can still
read it like a newsgroup.

Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Old June 7th 05, 01:35 PM
Bob Masta

On 6 Jun 2005 18:49:09 -0700, "Lee In Mashiko, Japan"
wrote:

There is also ClayCraft:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/ClayCraft

The big advantage there is that because you have to be a member to
read, you don't get spammed like you do on USENET, but you can still
read it like a newsgroup.

Lee, what is the USENET spam you are referring to? If you mean
the occasional stray post that drifts into this group, I'd say that's
pretty minor. If you mean spammers harvesting your Email address
from the headers, then you can use a phony return address when
posting. The only groups I've found that this doesn't work for are
those that are moderated. Of course, if you monitor several USENET
groups and one of them is moderated, it may be a big hassle to
change identities just for that group. (At least, it is with Free
Agent, as far as I can tell.) My approach is to use a "throw-away"
account for all NGs, and whenever the spam traffic gets intolerable,
I can dump it and use another.

BTW, the reason I have not joined your otherwise-interesting
group is that I was intimidated by the sign-up request, and
uncertain of what I was agreeing to, or how the posts would
be made available... something via the browser, I assume?
Too many details were unclear.

Best regards,

and
Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator
Old June 7th 05, 08:46 PM
Jack Ouzzi

Bubbles wrote:
"DD" wrote in message
. ..
The forum at Statuary Place is better when you can't access USENET
newsreader software (like when using someone else's computer).

Or you can use http://groups.google.com to access this forum

Currently under ferocious attack by idiots using foul language and just
stuffing the forums full of rubbish ...... sigh