What have you lost lately?

Old April 16th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default What have you lost lately?

On Apr 15, 1:55*pm, anne wrote:
In addition to not so little bits of my brain, I can't find a container of drop
crystals that I wanted to use for a tassel. After I went through all my drawers
not once, not twice but three times, the purple threads that I thought were
gone for good turned up under a beading tray on my work bench.

next!
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Now that you mention it. I've lost two dragonfly kits. Both
needlepoint. I was looking for one of them to take to jury duty with
me and never found it.
Hopefully they show up in the next reorganization.

Donna in Virginia
Old April 16th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

anne wrote:
In addition to not so little bits of my brain, I can't find a container of drop
crystals that I wanted to use for a tassel. After I went through all my drawers
not once, not twice but three times, the purple threads that I thought were
gone for good turned up under a beading tray on my work bench.

next!

My useful pair of folding scissors that doubles as nail scissors.

My second-best duster (the one with the extendable handle, buggerit!)

Haha! The feelthy little skin cancer that grew back underneath my left
eye. Wasn't sorry to wave goodbye to him!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old April 16th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:03:25 -0400, MargW
wrote:
Two framed pieces, a gold work kit, and gold work threads (purls of
several weights). These went missing in the move. I've unpacked every
box, and still can't find them. I hate to be nasty and suspicious, but
a box marked 'goldwork' might just have 'walked' even though the thief
would have been very surprised when he opened it.

MargW

My passport was stolen when I moved here - I could point to the man
who took it but unfortunately I did not miss it until several months
later when I went to book a ticket to the UK.

Strangely, in this era of terrorists who are coming to get us, the
passport would have been very easily replaced, except my Canadian
Citizenship paper was folded inside it. The department was moving to
Sydney and it was only due to a nice man that I spoke to over the
'phone that he issued a replacement against all odds and I was able to
make my flight.

If it isn't anything you need right away, it's hard to spot.

Exactly - It was several weeks of sorting through things and deciding
which pieces I would put up where before I realized that some things
were missing. I wanted to start a new project and decided the Rajmahal
goldwork kit would be a nice challenge. As I started to search with no
luck for that, I was going through photos of finished work and realized
that I hadn't seen two of the pieces I had hung in the bedroom at the
old house. The the penny dropped that they had all been packed together.

The two missing pieces were matching samplers from Cross Stitch and
Needlework Magazine (Beehive Sampler and Rose Garden Sampler). The kit
I can always replace - the samplers on the other hand took a lot of time
and labour and were among the earliest advanced pieces I stitched.

MargW
Old April 16th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

The crystal drops turned up late last night when I looked through yet another
container for something else. They wouldn't have worked for the project I
wanted them for. Wish me luck -- I'm going to try to find them again and put
them where I thought they should've been in the first place.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old April 16th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"anne" wrote in message
g...
The crystal drops turned up late last night when I looked through yet
another
container for something else. They wouldn't have worked for the project I
wanted them for. Wish me luck -- I'm going to try to find them again and
put
them where I thought they should've been in the first place.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Luck!! At least I think that's what you asked for?????

Next time remember George Carlin's remark that if you lost something, you
just needed to look in the last place you put it and there it would be.

Old April 16th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

I was looking last week for the chart I recently purchased, Thea Dueck's
"Heirloom Stitching Sampler."
http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal...Stitching.aspx

Not that I'm ready to stitch it...I just wanted to fondle it a bit! VBG

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old April 16th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

Old April 16th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
I was looking last week for the chart I recently purchased, Thea Dueck's
"Heirloom Stitching Sampler."
http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal...Stitching.aspx

Not that I'm ready to stitch it...I just wanted to fondle it a bit! VBG

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
www.dirtylinen.com

I bought it and it's still sitting out for me to look at and as you put it,
fondle it a bit. I didn't even buy the floss for it, and I have no idea
when (or if) I'll ever get to it, but it is beautiful, isn't it?

Lucille

Old April 16th 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

wrote:
[...]

That's heartbreaking. If it was a moving company, any chance of calling
them (even if it's a few months ago) and asking if they found an extra box
of stitching that "might not have been properly address, but was probably
labeled something like Stitching or Gold Work"? I realize it's a long shot,
and it would probably gall me to have to ask nice and play trusting, but if
they opened it and didn't find what they expected, maybe someone shoved it
out back? Of course, even if you think it wasn't accidental, you'll have
your stuff back, so who cares?
Just a thought....
--
Carey in MA

Help please??? I think I'm lost????? marigold Quilting 10 January 10th 09 08:52 PM
OT just lost my QI :( Denise in NH Quilting 18 June 24th 06 04:29 AM
AD - Lost at Sea and More! Dawn >^..^ Beads 4 April 30th 06 01:33 AM
I Lost the Key Lou Needlework 0 February 2nd 06 08:50 PM
OT `Lost` land with all thosel lost things was RANT Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 January 16th 06 05:13 PM