KATRINA QUILT RELIEF

Old September 1st 05, 12:14 PM
Nann Hilyard

Default KATRINA QUILT RELIEF

http://www.quiltzine.com/
Appears to be legitimate and organized.

Though I'm happy to provide a quilt, I know from experience (I was in Fargo
in 1997) that MONEY is the very best thing to send. The Red Cross, the
Salvation Army, and other agencies have begun relief efforts.

HTH,

Nann
in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois

Old September 1st 05, 01:20 PM
the black rose

Nann Hilyard wrote:
http://www.quiltzine.com/
Appears to be legitimate and organized.

Though I'm happy to provide a quilt, I know from experience (I was in Fargo
in 1997) that MONEY is the very best thing to send. The Red Cross, the
Salvation Army, and other agencies have begun relief efforts.

HTH,

Nann
in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese has set up a disaster relief fund as
well. I know there are very few, if any, Orthodox on this list other
than myself, but there's the info just in case.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old September 1st 05, 01:47 PM
CNY/VAstitcher

I was telling DS about the quilt relief and such while we were trying to
get breakfast eaten. He asked why...I told him about the hurricane (he
was playing around at the table and not really eating much). When I
finished telling him a bit baout the hurricane, he stopped playing and
said, "I forgot there are children that don't have any food
today."...then he started eating his cereal. A few minutes later, he
asked if we could go take food to the children who have nothing because
of Katrina. He asked if he could take his old toys and if we could take
our old clothes. I think he would have asked if we could lend them one
of the cats for comfort if he didn't love them so much (and if he didn't
know how much I hate traveling with the cats in the van).

He said that, since he still hasn't gotten the hang of sewing (he was
given practice fabric, needle, and thread...lost interest in it) that I
could do the quilts, and he would try to find things we could send. I
had to tell him that, while it was a wonderful thought, that the best
thing we could do is donate money to the red cross or something similar
so that they could buy what was most needed. Oh my stars!! He
completely shocked me when he said he was going to take money out of his
bank for me to send!! He has the LeapFrog learning bank and puts every
bit of money he receives (from family, from incentive for karate,
etc.)in the bank so that he can buy toys for himself (DH and I refuse to
buy any more Rescue Heroes as we have lost track of the ones he already
has).

I told him that by the time he gets home, I will have come up with
something he could do to help....wow.....I'm totally blown away.....I'm
also going to be contacting the local red cross to see what exactly they
want/need. DS was thinking that we should take some of our food as well
- everything he listed to give were things he doesn't really like...lol.

Larisa, too much in shock to get much work done around the house, and
Mother is due here tonight.

Old September 1st 05, 02:38 PM
Julia in MN

If you belong to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, your donation to one
of the Lutheran disaster relief funds will be matched.
http://www.thrivent.com/fraternal/katrina.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old September 1st 05, 03:38 PM
Kate Dicey

CNY/VAstitcher wrote:

I was telling DS about the quilt relief and such while we were trying to
get breakfast eaten. He asked why...

Snipped lovely story

Larisa, too much in shock to get much work done around the house, and
Mother is due here tonight.

He's a real treasure. Hug him for me!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 1st 05, 04:37 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Nann Hilyard wrote:
http://www.quiltzine.com/
Appears to be legitimate and organized.

Though I'm happy to provide a quilt, I know from experience (I was in Fargo
in 1997) that MONEY is the very best thing to send. The Red Cross, the
Salvation Army, and other agencies have begun relief efforts.

HTH,

Nann
in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese has set up a disaster relief fund as
well. I know there are very few, if any, Orthodox on this list other
than myself, but there's the info just in case.

The LDS church is also working to help. 100% of donations go towards
disaster relief, no salaries are paid to workers, overhead is covered by
other church funds. Information on donating is he

http://www.providentliving.org/conte...-1-3186-1,00.h
tml

marcella
Old September 1st 05, 05:50 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Nann Hilyard" wrote:

http://www.quiltzine.com/
Appears to be legitimate and organized.

Though I'm happy to provide a quilt, I know from experience (I was in Fargo
in 1997) that MONEY is the very best thing to send. The Red Cross, the
Salvation Army, and other agencies have begun relief efforts.

HTH,

Nann
in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois

I heard on the news that the people organizing relief really don't want
*things* -- there's a problem getting them to the right people. Money
works for everyone -- that's what we've sent.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

An evil quilt attacks you ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Quilting 18 September 4th 10 12:55 AM
on the bright side... quilt related Marijke Quilting 5 August 25th 05 12:46 AM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Its that time again! FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 9 February 1st 04 08:08 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM