Drinking Straw Peyote Necklace tutorial

Old July 4th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Default Drinking Straw Peyote Necklace tutorial

Bead and Button has a wonderful tutorial (pdf) on their site for peyote
stitching around those hard plastic curly drinking straws. I might just
give this one a try in my spare minutes.

Here's the link:

http://www.beadandbutton.com/default.aspx?c=a&id=2161

--
hugs,
Linda

Old July 4th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

"bluemaxx" wrote:
Bead and Button has a wonderful tutorial (pdf) on their site for peyote
stitching around those hard plastic curly drinking straws. I might just
give this one a try in my spare minutes.

Here's the link:

http://www.beadandbutton.com/default.aspx?c=a&id=2161

--
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

I just finished one like on the cover of that BnB issue, with a Shannon Hill
bead as the focal. Now I need to find some beads to match to finish the
necklace. Will post pix when done.

Linda2

Old July 4th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

It's very cool! I look forward to seeing yours, Linda!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Linda2" wrote in message
news

Old July 4th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

On Jul 3, 9:09 pm, "Linda2" wrote:
"bluemaxx" wrote:
Bead and Button has a wonderful tutorial (pdf) on their site for peyote
stitching around those hard plastic curly drinking straws. I might just
give this one a try in my spare minutes.

Here's the link:

http://www.beadandbutton.com/default.aspx?c=a&id=2161

--
hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos:http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

I just finished one like on the cover of that BnB issue, with a Shannon Hill
bead as the focal. Now I need to find some beads to match to finish the
necklace. Will post pix when done.

Linda2

cant wait to see it Smile

Old July 4th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message , bluemaxx
writes
Bead and Button has a wonderful tutorial (pdf) on their site for peyote
stitching around those hard plastic curly drinking straws. I might just
give this one a try in my spare minutes.

Here's the link:

http://www.beadandbutton.com/default.aspx?c=a&id=2161

I would like to try that but have been unable to find the drinking
straws.
Maybe they are another USA thing. Or just not around where I live.
I find it frustrating to see lovely designs in B+B then cannot do them
because the components are not available here in UK.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 4th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Shirley, I don't recognize those straws. (I don't use straws). I also
don't know that I'd trust plastic straws to last on something labour
intensive. I think it would be cool to make that using some scrap copper
tube that I have though. I think what I have was intended in some sort of
engine. Maybe you have some scrap tubing that would be a better material in
the first place.

Tina

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
In message , bluemaxx
writes

Old July 5th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

I will ask DH if he has any in his workshop. He is into model
engineering.
I think you maybe right about it lasting better.
I will see what transpires.
Shirley

In message , Christina Peterson
writes

Old July 5th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Hi Tina,

We've got one of those straws around the house that my DD got somewhere.
They're much thicker and stronger than you'd think. Nothing like your
typical drinking straw.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 5th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

That is really nice looking, Linda. Thanks for posting it!

Becki

Old July 6th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Linda emailed me saying the same thing. Actually, my main reason for using
copper pipe is that I know where I have some in the garage, so it would be
the cheap and lazy way to go. I love the Margaret Zinzer bead necklace.
And it would be the easiest.

Tina

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
[...]

Peyote purse and brio Necklace Empress Beads Beads 12 September 24th 04 11:08 PM
Peyote help/tutorial? Kyla Beads 17 December 31st 03 04:38 AM
Small drinking glasses Tapper Doll Houses 5 November 16th 03 02:39 PM
Small drinking glasses Tapper Marketplace 0 October 17th 03 02:13 PM
Small drinking glasses Tapper Doll Houses 3 October 16th 03 04:52 PM