AD: auction for Marilyn's daughter

Old July 3rd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Default AD: auction for Marilyn's daughter

Hi guys! I hate to do drive-by postings, but I wanted to make sure you
see this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Marilyns-Dau...559241QQihZ004

If you're not familiar with the story, the daughter of a beloved member
of the lampwork community was assaulted at a club. Many lampworkers have
banded together to raise money for her medical and psychological
treatment. This auction contains so many gorgeous, amazing beads by so
many great artists, including Kim Neely... please have a look, pass the
link around, anything you can do to get it more exposure would be awesome!

-Kalera
Old July 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Marilyns-Dau...t-Beads-Sets-F...

If you're not familiar with the story, the daughter of a beloved member
of the lampwork community was assaulted at a club. Many lampworkers have
banded together to raise money for her medical and psychological
treatment. This auction contains so many gorgeous, amazing beads by so
many great artists, including Kim Neely... please have a look, pass the
link around, anything you can do to get it more exposure would be awesome!

-Kalera

Link says auction was removed or is no longer available. Did it close?

Patti

Old July 3rd 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Someone keeps reporting them to ebay and ebay keeps pulling the auction.
Awful! I really feel for Marilyn and her daughter.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

"Patti" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 3rd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Why would ebay pull it?

What a sad story.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Someone keeps reporting them to ebay and ebay keeps pulling the auction.
Awful! I really feel for Marilyn and her daughter.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

"Patti" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

because charity auctions are supposed to go through a different area...

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Beadbimbo wrote:
Why would ebay pull it?

What a sad story.

Old July 5th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Kalera -- if it goes back up or someone sells these things in a
different way, can you let us know?

Thanks.

Becki

Old July 6th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Default auction for Marilyn's daughter

It's good to see you. Drive-by post any time!

I'm sorry to see this taken down. I had seen the auction earlier. Gorgeous
stuff.

Does it make a difference for the category if it's a "benefit" instead of a
"charity"?

Tina

. ..