AD: Post for a Good Supplier

Old June 26th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default AD: Post for a Good Supplier

I'm placing this post here because a) I got it in my email and b)
wanted to pass it on to you, because I have bought a LOT of stuff from
these folks and really love both the price and the quality. If things
are not dirt cheap, I don't want them. LOL. These folks meet my
criteria:

RocknRocks Needs You
June 26, 2007

Greetings!

Please bear with me as I try to communicate our situation with you
all. First of all, I would like to apologize to any of you who have
been irritated by our intensive marketing campaigns this year. Instead
of just making you think we're greedy or pushy, I thought it was just
time to be perfectly honest with all of you, those who have helped
grow RocknRocks into the dynamic company that it has become.

This year, we have experienced a 45% decline in sales, as the costs of
running a small business have continued to grow. We feel that there
are many reasons for the drop in sales: the general slowdown in the
economy, the growing demise of eBay, concerns about the war, the cost
of filling up the gas tank - all factors out of our control. So far
this year, we have had to lay off four good employees and cut our
expenses in many areas to deal with this decline financially. So
that's the reason why we have been marketing so heavily by emails and
promotions, to simply pay the bills.

We are a family owned and operated business since 1973, with a
steadfast commitment from this generation and the next to continue to
bring you the best beads at the best prices on the net. When you
choose to purchase your beads from us, you are directly impacting the
present and future of all the families who depend on RocknRocks for
our livelihoods. We promise to work our hardest to continue enhancing
our services, to give you what you need. In that spirit, we invite any
of you to share your ideas with us to bolster this ongoing effort.

In the meantime, please share www.rocknrocks.com with your friends. We
know that the best form of advertising is word of mouth, so we ask you
to talk it up everywhere that you can think of, everywhere beaders
gather. From now through the end of July, all new customers who use
the promo code JULY during their first checkout with RocknRocks will
receive a 30% discount off their entire order.

If any of you would like to call on your local bead stores to
introduce them to our wholesale side, we will work with you on a
commission basis for those sales. Please address any such inquiries to
to discuss details. This is another way for you to
use your love for beading to supplement your income!

Bottom line is, we need your help. Your continued support by giving us
the opportunity to supply your beads, your referrals to your friends
and communities, and your goodwill are greatly appreciated by all of
us here at RocknRocks..... more than appreciated, they are necessary
for our very survival. We owe everything to you, our valued friends
and customers, and we promise you that fact is always in the forefront
of our minds and our hearts are filled with gratitude for all of your
continued support as we weather the storms of this years unique
challenges.

Sincerely,

Dede Casteel
RocknRocks Owner

The Link:
http://store.rocknrocks.com/StoreFro...px?sfid=136164

and from me -- thank you for your time! Much love, Becki

Old June 26th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Also, you can hate me for this or forgive, whichever you choose. I
have always loved "little" family owned bead businesses. Such folks
supported me, and I choose to support them. Thanks for putting up
with me.

Much love -- Becki

Old June 26th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Post for a Good Supplier

I've never heard of them and will be happy to check them out!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
oups.com...

Old June 28th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Becki, I've bought from them before and they give fantastic service and have
wonderful products, too. I always love to see their "Stoned Beads"
offering... LOL... imagine, beads getting "stoned". LOL

When I have a few dollars again, I'll be shopping their site.

--
hugs,
Linda

"Beckibead" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I'm placing this post here because a) I got it in my email and b)
: wanted to pass it on to you, because I have bought a LOT of stuff from
: these folks and really love both the price and the quality. If things
: are not dirt cheap, I don't want them. LOL. These folks meet my
: criteria:
:
:
: RocknRocks Needs You
: June 26, 2007
:
:
: Greetings!
:
:

Old June 29th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
m3rma1d

Default Post for a LAME Supplier

RocknRocks Needs You
snip
This year, we have experienced a 45% decline in sales

I dunno a lot about the other customers they lost, but as for me personally?
They'da kept me happily buying once in a while if they hadn't sold me some
stuff that was not only overpriced, but COMPLETELY misrepresented. (fake)

Careful whatcha buy, folks.

-- m3rma1d

--
To reply by email, carefully remove my panties.

Old July 2nd 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

I love you for it, Becky. The little guys seem to be getting pushed out of
the market - it's so tough being a small business these days. Kudos to you
for supporting them!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

oups.com...

Old July 2nd 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On Jul 1, 9:34 pm, "Kandice Seeber" wrote:
I love you for it, Becky. The little guys seem to be getting pushed out of
the market - it's so tough being a small business these days. Kudos to you
for supporting them!

--
Kandice Seeberwww.lampwork.net

"Beckibead" wrote in message

oups.com...

Also, you can hate me for this or forgive, whichever you choose. I
have always loved "little" family owned bead businesses. Such folks
supported me, and I choose to support them. Thanks for putting up
with me.

Much love -- Becki

Well, I got my first (and last) order today from RockNRocks. Granted I
bought on clearance and took advantage of the discount code--however,
the gemstone "matte" dalmation jasper 6m 15" strand is ceramic. We did
the hammer test on one bead to see what was inside after broken. I
REALLY have a problem w/ companies who pass off ceramics as gemstones.
They were asking $8.95 for this junk at their website. And they say
their business has dropped by 45%! No wonder. To look at their website
in the "about us" section they appear to have a genuine store and
such. This strand cost me $2.24 and I will use them at some point but
will not pass them off as gemstones to my customers. So BUYER BEWARE
of RockNRocks if you are buying gemstone strands!
Ally

Old July 3rd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default AD: Post for a Good SCAMMER

On Jul 3, 7:41 am, "m3rma1d"
Well, I got my first (and last) order today fromRockNRocks. Granted I
bought on clearance and took advantage of the discount code--however,
the gemstone "matte" dalmation jasper 6m 15" strand is ceramic. We did
the hammer test on one bead to see what was inside after broken. I
REALLY have a problem w/ companies who pass off ceramics as gemstones.
They were asking $8.95 for this junk at their website. And they say
their business has dropped by 45%! No wonder. To look at their website
in the "about us" section they appear to have a genuine store and
such. This strand cost me $2.24 and I will use them at some point but
will not pass them off as gemstones to my customers. So BUYER BEWARE
ofRockNRocksif you are buying gemstone strands!

I see they haven't changed at all, buncha thieving twots! :-(
Well.... I tried to warn you*.
See---http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...84a30e62d35b18

Sorry you didn't see it in time, or believe it if you did see it, or
whatever :-p

(* "you" as in "everyone")

-- m3rma1d
--

Roe just brought your voice mail to my attention and I would like to
respond personally to your accusations and slander. We do not take

I personally select the rough stone for all of the gemstone beads that
we carry. I visit our factories regularly and have a great deal of
control over the quality of our gemstone beads.

The finish that you selected of "matte" means that it is finished with
a process that "roughens" the texture rather than polishing it to a
gemstone shine.
Perhaps that is why you believe this particular dalmation jasper looks
like ceramic. If you would prefer the polished gemstone look, please
return the beads for an exchange to a regular polished finish.

I would strongly suggest that before you start broadcasting slander
against our company, that you get your facts straight by consulting a
certified gemologist so that your stance could be defended in a court
of law.

RocknRocks

Old July 3rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.[_2_]

Beckibead wrote:
Also, you can hate me for this or forgive, whichever you choose. I
have always loved "little" family owned bead businesses. Such folks
supported me, and I choose to support them. Thanks for putting up
with me.

Seems everyone has some different experiences to share but my own, fwiw,
has been 100%. Over the last couple of years I've made *many* (mostly
small) purchases from them and have never been even less than satisfied.
In fact several times have happily received better than expected in
quality for the price paid.

So often buying online is like shooting in the dark; text and pictures
may or may not honestly represent what you actually get to hold in your
hands but I have found the folks at RocknRocks to be good, honest
vendors and available anytime I've had questions.

NO vendor, no matter how careful can deliver 100% to everyone always. It
might make sense to contact them with possible issues and allow them to
make it right. Personally I have no doubts they would be happy to do so.

my $.02, fwiw.

(I also hold many good feelings for them due to their quick response
after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. It was wonderful to see them not only
raise money but to take in a family and help lift them back up.)

--

Polly Stewart

"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that
wasn't there before." ... Neil Gaiman

http://beadfulheart.com/

Good S.E.X. by post but not in person! Janner Quilting 0 May 21st 07 01:00 PM
Feel Good Post Butterfly Quilting 3 September 17th 05 09:47 AM
A good news post!! GLASS MONTH Javahut Glass 1 March 30th 04 03:55 AM
Supplier in the UK - good news! Charlie Beads 1 March 17th 04 10:11 AM