Finished my rush project

Old May 7th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default Finished my rush project

PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Old May 7th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

myswendy wrote:
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

How beautiful, any one would love it. What a keepsake!
Dennis
Old May 7th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

It's lovely, but I expected something made from rushes :-)

Mary

Old May 7th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Way to go Wendy! I think I've seen the pattern somewhere before... I think
anyone would be proud to wear that scarf. I think it's great.

Shelagh

Old May 7th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"myswendy" wrote in message
ups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Way to go Wendy! I think I've seen the pattern somewhere before... I
think
anyone would be proud to wear that scarf. I think it's great.

Yes it is and I think I know a daughter who would love it - that's one
Christmas present taken care of :-)

Mary

Shelagh

Old May 7th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

On May 7, 3:53 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"myswendy" wrote in message
oups.com...
PHEW! I had 4 days, basically, to create my contribution to a music
basket to be raffled off by my church choir this week. Ripped the
sucker out 4 times before I got it right. That, combined with lots of
good advice from you all, helped me finish it on schedule. So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it. Learned
about the stretchiness of the yarn when trying to back it (even with
pinning and blocking, ugh).

http://tinyurl.com/ys7879

Wendy

Way to go Wendy! I think I've seen the pattern somewhere before... I
think
anyone would be proud to wear that scarf. I think it's great.

Yes it is and I think I know a daughter who would love it - that's one
Christmas present taken care of :-)

Mary

Shelagh- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much, everyone! Yeah, I was going nutz on this stupid thing--
all I had downloaded was the graph---I kept trying to do it by
knitting in allllllll the black stripes---I went back and located the
written directions. It turned out that SOME of them are just double-
knitted-- I forget what that's called---anyway, that made it SO much
simpler, once I figured out how to do it. Phew! I do NOT like working
to deadline.
Wendy
ps--- I DID come across an interesting idea for an optical illusion
piano key scarf---it looks just like stripes until you lay it down and
look at it longways from the side---great idea for the right person,
just not what I was after.

Old May 8th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

You did a great job on the piano scarf! I'm sure that the
recipient will love it!
Marie and the cats

Old May 8th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"myswendy" wrote in message
ps.com...

ps--- I DID come across an interesting idea for an optical illusion
piano key scarf---it looks just like stripes until you lay it down and
look at it longways from the side---great idea for the right person,
just not what I was after.

I'd love to see that!

Mary

Old May 8th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 7 Maj, 16:35, myswendy wrote:
So here it
is! It's far from perfect, but I'm basically happy with it.

I think it is SUPER! Tres chic and it's very "in" right now with black
& white combos, at least in Scandinavia. :-)

Erin