I'm doing it!

Old June 21st 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Default I'm doing it!

Oh the noses! Barb, I completely forgot about that. The necklace is awesome!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
nk.net...
Lovely! I've tried it but so far it ain't clickin' LOL

I LOVE the PC heart pendant with the FWPs in your album too.

What's with all the noses? LOL

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Linda, if I can do bead crochet, anyone can, lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/510670502/

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave
Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Linda2 wrote:
I sat down with one of the Beaders' Guild beading books and decided to
try again with Dutch Spiral. Guess what! I'm doing it! Now to tackle
African Helix and then maybe...shudder....bead crochet.

Linda2

Old June 22nd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Tina,

Can you post a picture of your bags? I'd love to see!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Bead crochet is the easiest thing I know. Of course, I haven't done a
bead
rope yet. I make bags -- small tight ones with a size 8 bead in each
stitch sometimes, or looser ones with a size 5 in every other stitch that
have a lovely flexible texture.

I made one during jury duty because it requires so little thinking and so
few tools. Once the beads are strung onto the yarn/thread, all it takes
is
a crochet hook and single stitch.

Tina

ink.net...

Old June 22nd 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Karleen,

The noses were for a project I did for my MIL, who lost her nose to
melanoma last year. She is getting ready to begin reconstruction next
month.

Barbara

Old June 22nd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

And the 'Gator' in her loved the animal ones you did for the project!

Thanks again for participating,
B.
Old June 22nd 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Ropes can be very difficult to start, but then once you get going it
just flies along. It's single crochet in the round, moving the
previous row's bead to the outside when you add new.

Barbara

On Jun 21, 12:52 pm, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:
Bead crochet is the easiest thing I know. Of course, I haven't done a bead
rope yet. I make bags -- small tight ones with a size 8 bead in each
stitch sometimes, or looser ones with a size 5 in every other stitch that
have a lovely flexible texture.

I made one during jury duty because it requires so little thinking and so
few tools. Once the beads are strung onto the yarn/thread, all it takes is
a crochet hook and single stitch.

Tina

ink.net...

Old June 23rd 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

It was a blast to do! :-) I'm glad that I could help you help her.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
ups.com...

Old June 26th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carla

I can't even remember all the different instructions I looked at, trying
to figure out Dutch Spiral. I finally realized my brain just
disconnects for that particular technique

Cheers,
Carla

Old July 7th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

I promise I'll find the photo stuff I need. I don't have a site right now,
but will email you a photo.

Tina

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Tina,

Can you post a picture of your bags? I'd love to see!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Bead crochet is the easiest thing I know. Of course, I haven't done a
bead
rope yet. I make bags -- small tight ones with a size 8 bead in each
stitch sometimes, or looser ones with a size 5 in every other stitch

that
have a lovely flexible texture.

I made one during jury duty because it requires so little thinking and

so
few tools. Once the beads are strung onto the yarn/thread, all it takes
is
a crochet hook and single stitch.

Tina

ink.net...