Chain Maille !!!

Old May 17th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
BensGirl1998

Default Chain Maille !!!

I have just taken a class on making chain maille, and have instantly
become addicted. Does anyone have a good wholesale or bulk supplier
of jump rings that will not break my bank??

Thanks.
Kathie Nightingale
www.pairadoxjewelry.com

Old May 17th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Lol. It is very addicting, but so is lampwork, wire, and seed beads. Then
again, maybe I just have an addictive personality!

I don't mass produce, so I just use a saw and make my own. If you really
get into it, you may want to invest in a Koil Kutter or a Jump Ringer.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

oups.com...

Old May 19th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarit Wolfus

On May 17, 11:42 pm, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
Lol. It is very addicting, but so is lampwork, wire, and seed beads. Then
again, maybe I just have an addictive personality!

I don't mass produce, so I just use a saw and make my own. If you really
get into it, you may want to invest in a Koil Kutter or a Jump Ringer.

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

"BensGirl1998" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have just taken a class on making chain maille, and have instantly
become addicted. Does anyone have a good wholesale or bulk supplier
of jump rings that will not break my bank??

Thanks.
Kathie Nightingale
www.pairadoxjewelry.com

I find it more cost effective to buy ready to use jump rings than
coiling, cutting and filing myself. In my opinion, the price
difference between wires and jump rings does not justify the extra
labor. I'm always happy to invest the extra labor when it has a
justification design-wise.

I buy raw materials and findings online with PasternakFinding and I
highly recommend working with them.
Check out the prices of wires and jump rings and decide what's best
for you.
Silver wires: http://www.pasternakfindings.com/ind...=Silver%20Wire
Silver jump rings:
http://www.pasternakfindings.com/ind...%20Jump%20Ring
Good luck,
Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Old May 20th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

http://www.urbanmaille.com
http://www.chainweavers.com/
http://www.preciousmaille.com/
http://www.spiderchain.com
http://www.theringlord.com

I've bought from all of them at one point or another

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

BensGirl1998 wrote:
I have just taken a class on making chain maille, and have instantly
become addicted. Does anyone have a good wholesale or bulk supplier
of jump rings that will not break my bank??

Thanks.
Kathie Nightingale
www.pairadoxjewelry.com

Looking for a source for the same tiny earhooks as Urban Maille Lauriene R Beads 5 March 29th 07 10:40 PM
new romanov chain maille set cas Beads 3 July 10th 06 03:46 AM
chain maille (inspired by Jerri) cas Beads 16 June 22nd 06 04:05 PM
Chain Maille - woohoo! Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 February 22nd 05 03:00 PM
Pics of Byz watch and other maille bracelets Lisa Beads 3 November 22nd 03 12:59 PM