Need help with roof

Old December 5th 03, 02:59 AM
Playrite1

Default Need help with roof

My dollhouse is a Petite Dreams. Two pieces of the roof in two different
corners came off. Now there is a brown shape where they were. It does not look
pretty! What can I do? Does Petite Dreams have shingles I can buy or get??
Old December 5th 03, 11:42 AM
havana bill & holly

Check www.miniatures.com to see if the shingles/ shakes they carry match
yours. You might want to consider replacing the whole roof if the "bald"
spot is unsightly. I've had very good luck with the inexpensive alternative
of sandpaper shingles.

Old December 5th 03, 03:18 PM
Carol

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 06:42:58 -0500, "havana bill & holly"
wrote:

Check www.miniatures.com to see if the shingles/ shakes they carry match
yours. You might want to consider replacing the whole roof if the "bald"
spot is unsightly. I've had very good luck with the inexpensive

alternative
of sandpaper shingles.

Or, you could do what folks around here do when their shingles start
coming off...cover it with tin! Now, 1:12 scale for roofing tin would
be about equivalent of gold leaf, which would be hard to work with to
say the least. Probably, for your purposes, you could go with
aluminum foil, and I'd probably use the heavy duty variety, just to
avoid unsightly bends.

Tin for mini tin roofs is available for sale. I used copper sheets on the
part of my roof where it was flat and then applied a patina product. Looks
cool.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old December 5th 03, 04:38 PM
Chuck

wrote:

Check www.miniatures.com to see if the shingles/ shakes they carry match
yours. You might want to consider replacing the whole roof if the "bald"
spot is unsightly. I've had very good luck with the inexpensive alternative
of sandpaper shingles.

Or, you could do what folks around here do when their shingles start
coming off...cover it with tin! Now, 1:12 scale for roofing tin would
be about equivalent of gold leaf, which would be hard to work with to
say the least. Probably, for your purposes, you could go with
aluminum foil, and I'd probably use the heavy duty variety, just to
avoid unsightly bends.

"The preceding was brought to you by the TIC Society of America."

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
OT - little bitty anxiety attacks Jalynne Beads 47 September 4th 04 06:02 PM
OT Snow sucks. Cold sucks. I am SO over this. Tinkster Beads 55 February 4th 04 05:36 PM
making roof tiles look like slate Garry & Michelle Widley Doll Houses 6 November 2nd 03 12:01 PM
roof angles and lengths PConnelly Doll Houses 0 October 26th 03 06:23 PM