Partly OT Fabric caulk?

Old November 23rd 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Partly OT Fabric caulk?

This is about A Blonde With A Gun. A caulking gun.

This morning I decided to make the insulated, quilted Roman blinds for my
laundry room. But then I really should paint the laundry room before
putting up the hardware for the blinds. Gee, there's a little crack up by
the ceiling, so I'd better caulk it first. Well, now I have the caulk tube
opened, the caulk gun and ladder out and my manicure is toast, so I may as
well do the caulking in my bedroom and the bathroom chair rail moldings,
too. It's all right here close by. And those molding miters I cut are just
the tiniest hair off- they sure do need a good caulking, too. Oops! White
caulk smeared on the chocolate brown paint- and dried before I noticed it,
too! Darnnit!

And then those moldings I put up in the living room could use some caulk.
And some around the window and door trim. And those two nail holes in the
family room.... and around those ceiling moldings, too.

So, now I am am knee deep in caulk and have FIVE rooms to paint! *How* do
I do this to myself- every time! And maybe I'll have the laundry room
blinds up by New Year's Day. Maybe? But back to the original subject-
why hasn't anybody invented caulk for mitered quilt borders- for filling in
those tiny places where we are off just a hair?????

Leslie- exhausted! & The Furbabies in MO.- where mommy seems to have lost
her mind!

Old November 23rd 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

Piping?
my house has cracks everywhere. i just dont care anymore. i'm waiting til it
just falls down around me and whoever can find me underneath the rubble.
actually easier if they just toss a match in and let it all burn to the
ground. get one of those machines to scoop it all up and dump whats left in
a few trucks to dump at the rubbish tip. yup, that'd be much easier. then
someone can build a whole new house cuz this one is bad.
j.

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote...

Old November 23rd 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

every time I get a hairbrain idea for a project someone should stop me. DH
knows better and stands back for the fall out. I announced what my house
project for next year is going to be the other day. Some of us just like
trouble. Those of us with the most fur babies around must be those! Maybe
we need some sort of 12 step program?
Just keep plugging away. You'll get through it all. You just need to stay
in the house until the paint dries this time!
Taria

Old November 23rd 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I have a project for next year, too- unfortunately!. I have to have a
new roof ... They say they'll only take two weeks! I hope they are
good at fixing tarpaulins: England doesn't have two weeks without rain
very often g
..
In message , Taria
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old November 23rd 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Praying for drought conditions for UK in the spring- for a couple of weeks
any way..... ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Pat S" wrote in message
I have a project for next year, too- unfortunately!. I have to have a new
roof ... They say they'll only take two weeks! I hope they are good at
fixing tarpaulins: England doesn't have two weeks without rain very often

.
In message , Taria
writes

Old November 23rd 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 23/11/2010 20:36, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
[...]

I feel your pain!!! Started using silicone gun to seal the windows in
the veranda, now have found another half dozen jobs and still don't have
a kitchen!!! It will be done next year )

Janner
France
Old November 23rd 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You have been attacked by a severe case of AsLongAs. Sometimes it begins
innocently enough. As long as you're vacuuming the floor you might as well
do the window sills. As long as you are doing the sills, you might as well
wash the windows . . . and so it goes until you find yourself sodding the
lawn or some such.
AsLongAs must be vigilantly avoided at all costs. Never let yourself be
distracted from the task at hand. If you are polishing the silver and a
band of marauding buffalo come storming in the kitchen door, calmly continue
with the silver. Stifle any inclination to begin anything else. The
AsLongAs will eventually subside. There's not a big market for buffalo salsa
anyway. Polly

Old November 24th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I wish I had Leslie here to help. You think I could convince her someone
else's project is more fun?

Just shelves on either side of the fireplace and a mantle. The mantle has
been one of those some days projects for 20 years.

I feel for Pat and her roof. Ours only took a couple of days and it was
pretty unnerving.

I still can't think up a fabric caulk idea.
Taria

Old November 24th 10, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

On Nov 23, 6:52*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
* * AsLongAs must be vigilantly avoided at all costs. *Never let yourself be
distracted from the task at hand. *If you are polishing the silver and a
band of marauding buffalo come storming in the kitchen door, calmly continue
with the silver. *Stifle any inclination to begin anything else. *The
AsLongAs will eventually subside. There's not a big market for buffalo salsa
anyway. *Polly

heeheehee, Polly! Shouldn't AsLongAs be afforded the same importance
as A roundtuit?