What are you stitching this summer?

Old June 21st 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Default What are you stitching this summer?

Let's get back to needlework.

I've got Amy Mitten's Tudor Rose Mystery sampler on the frame.
http://www.traditionalstitches.com/tudorrose.jpg

http://www.emlis.com/amymitten.htm

Wonderful silks (Fibres to Dye For)are used with a little bit of
metallic and some pailettes. This is going to take a fair bit of time
since there is lots of one over one. It also has lots of blackwork and
some detached buttonhole stitch which I haven't done before. I have all
seven parts of the pattern, so I am not doing them in the original
sequence (the bottom and then the top, and then a middle band); instead
I started at the bottom as suggested, and then I am going to do the
band immediately above, and so on. This way, I less likely to misscount.

I've done a couple of her "With the Same M.O." They are a great way to
practice a specific stitch.

For a break from one over one, I'm going to do Sandy Jenkins' Beehive
Purse (Stitcher's World, May 2001). This is the one that I stitched as
a shop model, and want to do again. I've bought enough canvas to do a
couple, so I'm going to adapt an Anchor sampler that was in one of the
English magazine that has fish, frogs and birds. These should make
great Christmas presents for my nieces.

I still haven't found the gold work kit I bought a couple of years ago,
although I did find (and finish) the stump work kit.

We are off tomorrow to visit my brother, and we are taking some
daylilies for his garden. We give each other garden stuff for birthdays
and Christmas. He gave me lily bulbs for Christmas (they arrived in
May), and I'm giving him the daylilies.

So what are you up to?

MargW
Old June 22nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Right now, I'm knitting frantically. A friend is doing a special event
in July and has requested I provide a couple dozen knitted fashion scarves.

Eventually, I have to get to a wedding gift. They've been on/off/on/off
enough that I'm not doing the big beautiful picture I picked out for her
when she was a child. I'm figuring even a 4x6 may take me longer to
stitch than the marriage lasts.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 5/21/08 - Helping the Hummers

WIP: Christmas Music Bellpull, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old June 22nd 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

"MargW" wrote in message
Let's get back to needlework.

I've got Amy Mitten's Tudor Rose Mystery sampler on the frame.
http://www.traditionalstitches.com/tudorrose.jpg

http://www.emlis.com/amymitten.htm

So what are you up to?

MargW

Wow - some really really nice samplers at those sites - thanks for the
link!!

I usually work a 5 to 7 piece "rotation" but that got put on hold to
complete
"Saint Gabriel" for my church.

http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Gabriel-the-A...742.m153.l1262

With only the border left to do, I'm looking forward to getting back to
rotation with
"Liberty" first up. Originally I wanted this piece for the Oregon State
Fair entry but don't
think that's going to happen this year. I need another lifetime.

http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/largerliberty.html

mag

Old June 22nd 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

frame.http://www.traditionalstitches.com/tudorrose.jpg

http://www.emlis.com/amymitten.htm

Marg

Thank you for the beautiful sites , could you tell some of the srories
of the samplers on the second adresss ?
mirjam
Old June 22nd 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

So what are you up to?

MargW

I went with a dear friend to a sidewalk sale at a quilt shop today, and
bought two batches of fabric, one of which is a selection built from coffee
designs, browns, greens and blues, and other an oriental collection with
black, grey, stone, mustard and teal length with touches of calligraphy on
them. Neither of these sets are colours I have in any way been drawn to
previously, which is odd. I think maybe my house is calling out to go retro
(maybe that's why I need the Lynn Nicolletti Hippie design!!)
So I will be cutting and stitching patches eventually.

I also hop to get started on the Monsterbubbles "Life", (Obla dee, ob la
da). I need to dig down to the bottom of my stash to see if I have
something in a purply or pink colour (the model is on blue). Always a
favourite song, gonna put it up as my motto instead of Home Sweet Home type
stuff.

Dawne

Old June 22nd 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jun 22, 7:59*am, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
[...]

It iis very nice to renovate the main colors and style in your house ,
have fun doing it
mirjam
Old June 22nd 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Hey Marg,

Wish I could send you some daylilies for your brother.

My summer stitching will be finishing my crewel pillow. Since there is so
much stem stitch and this one looks best very finely (closely) done, it will
take a while.

I'm also going to actively work on finishing WIPS and UFO's. I'm thinking
about buying myself some acid free foam board and finishing a few things for
then next big discount sale at work on framing.

I'm going to cull my stash some more too and finish organizing floss etc.

I'll have a few good breaks to get some work done on stitching - DD is at
camp (sleep away) for 5 days and DS will be gone the following 15 days.

Cheryl

Old June 22nd 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

MargW wrote:
.....anipped......
So what are you up to?

MargW

I have been doing some model stitching for Just Cross Stitch since
APRIL!!!!! For those who don't remember -- Janet (my stitchin' buddy)
works for Hoffman Media and she sent the work my way. It's a series of
12 designs and I am stitching 7 of them and I am almost done!!! The
hardest part is that I have to measure every length of floss and keep
track of how many I use -- NOT fun but I'm getting paid so I do it -- LOLOL!
As for stitching for MOI -- I was about 2/3 finished with the SPRING
bell pull when I had to switch gears. VBS -- I was "really" hoping to
get the series of bell pulls finished this year but it doesn't look like
THAT is gonna happen -- LOLOL! At least I'm making some $$ working on
the stuff for JCS :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary