2009 Goals

Old January 11th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default 2009 Goals

On 1/10/09 12:46 PM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

ellice wrote:
On 1/9/09 12:33 PM, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"anne" wrote
I don't have any UFO's as I'm a monogamist (sp??) stitcher --
I totally love your terminology, Anne. I am, clearly, NOT a monogamist
stitcher. Since the terms for multiple spouses depend on the gender of the
other parties (polygamist, polyandrist), and I don't think all of my
stitched works are the same gender, perhaps I am bistitchual. Or just a
promiscuous sticher???

Dawne

I'm going with promiscuous stitcher - sounds better than bi-stitchual -
definitely apropos for me. Hmmm - is there a stitchnympho - insatiable
stitcher????

Ellice

Would that be a nymphostitchiac? Or a stitchomaniac?

sue

Stitchmaniac too common. Nymphostitchiac?

Ellice

Old January 11th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

says...

Stitchmaniac too common. Nymphostitchiac?

How about TMSS -- too much stitching syndrome
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 11th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Jan 11, 5:16*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:26:00 -0800 (PST), bungadora
opined:

Well, clearly I'm a promiscuous stitcher, but I practised abstinence
last year and didn't get anything embroidery related done. Some
jewellery, and a bit of knitting, but that was it. *So anything I'm
carrying with me into the new year has been with me for a while.

I'd like to start a table cloth this year, but am bouncing between one
in Barbara Hammet's William Morris in Crossstitch, and one featuring a
ring of strawberries from a book of Norwegian cross stitch patterns.

Before I start that, however, I'd like to finish reupholstering my
living room furniture and that afghan I'm knitting. And then there are
the big pillows for my bed.

Other than that, there are some computer programs I want to learn, and
weight, of course, or rather, more healthful eating. *Somehow the
latter seems less prone to unrealistic expectations.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora

Aaah ~ you need a round tuit.- Hide quoted text -

I'm hoping fidelity to one project will help with the round tuits.
Stick to one until I've finished it off and become a black widow of
needlework.

Dora

We'll see, that might become a bit boring.-

One of the perils of monogamy, I'm afraid.
Dora
Old January 11th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

says...

and "no sew block".

http://hannahxs.blogspot.com/2007/11...-tutorial.html

That's a good idea!!
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 12th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/11/09 6:24 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

says...

and "no sew block".

http://hannahxs.blogspot.com/2007/11...-tutorial.html

That's a good idea!!

And it's a nice simple finish when you need one.

Cheryl

Old January 12th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arnhild

http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora

Aaah ~ you need a round tuit.- Hide quoted text -

I'm hoping fidelity to one project will help with the round tuits.
Stick to one until I've finished it off and become a black widow of
needlework.

Dora

They have round tuits in Canada, on Newfoundland. When I lived there
with my family, my mom got one each for my eldest brother and me. I
still have mine, in a box in the bedroom that's "mine" in my parents
house. So, as soon as I get a round tuit, I'm going to get it out of
the box and.....yes, well, there's the problem.

Arnhild

And I'm planning to finish two cushion covers, and the picture of my
mother that I've mentioned on this group before. (Started in 98/99,
don't recall which.) And if there's time, I'm sure I'll find something
more to stitch