2009 Goals

Old January 10th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default 2009 Goals

On 1/9/09 10:16 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/9/09 9:10 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

Stealing Ellice's question to a new thread:

Thanks, Linda - for doing the change of subject, etc.

The next questions to ask a
What did you start in 2008 - that you're carrying over into 2009

Orna Willis' Gayle
Laura Perrin's Amethyst Dreams
Tom & Lily Creations "Romeo, Juliette et Compagnie
Lynn Nicoletti's "Neptune/Poseidon"
Cricket Collection "Little Cup" - http://tinyurl.com/2lgz68

That's cute - who's it for???
Mill Hill Bead Kit "Martini"
Der Feine Faden "Old Macdonald Had a Farm"
http://europeanxs.com/cgi-bin/general.pl?def-

You had to send me back to look at more of their stuff. My wish list growth

I want Winter Garden, Heaven and Hell, Flowers on Stalks and Painters Garden

AND VICTORIA - check out the Rabbit
Original Design - Frameweight
Patricia Specncer's Twister
Indigo Rose "Hannah's Box" - from MANRA getway

What do you plan (operative word) to complete in 2009?

All of the above, plus.....
Drawn Thread "Love and Wisdom"
Dranw Thread "Welcome Spot Sampler"
Sampler I modified for wedding (now anniversary present) that I
think is from Blackbird designs or La-Di-Da....
And, maybe "True Love" by Drawn Thread - I think, and is OOP now.

AND....Do you have a plan, method, technique for attacking the UFO/
WIPs in
2009?

Working on 1 significant project - regularly. Then picking one of the WIPs
- starting with "fun" - and doing at least 30 min on that before I can
switch to whatever I "want" to do. I keep setting little goals. Or, if I
only have a short time - I've put a couple of the WIPs in different rooms -
so that if I've just got a few minutes - I can at least work on the simpler
ones - even if I'm just sitting in the kitchen waiting for water to boil.

What's helping now is that I've kind of got a teaching schedule, and am
working some proposals, so that gives me impetus to work in a dedicated
fashion on those pieces.

I'm hoping to keep on going while I'm fully in the mode of stitching - and
fortunately so many are so close to completion, plus I can't afford to be
buying new until the job thing has straightened out for a while.

New projects you've saved to start in the new year?

Carriage House Samplings "Black Willow Farm" (pretty straightforward)
Raise the Roof "Off the Deep End" (fun stitch)
Queenstown Sampler "Anne Barrierre" http://tinyurl.com/94bpp6 (challenging
piece)
Earth Threads - Forest Sampler - it's an old design, but not too large, and
I've got it kitted with silks - and been wanting to crank on it, so.....

I started Amethyst Dreams late in 2008 (since it was a Christmas
present) and I am sure it will be my first finish of 2009.

I bet you crank through it pretty quickly.

I have the beached theme NP piece saved for later.

When my sister was here, she picked a Nancy Coffelt Christmas canvas
she wants as her present next year, so we ordered it and I received it
this week. (Hey, early start on Christmas shopping!)

Didn't finish my Tiki piece,so I have that when I need some embroidery
work!

I really want to get to Sampler Cove's Thriller one of these days and
I should probably start BOAF Autum so I can get three done - it's my
least favorite of the four, the first time I did it it got ruined so I
am hard pressed to want to pull it and do it! I know, though, that I
*do* want to get all four done!

LInda

Sounds like a good plan. I'm not even going to talk about the large painted
canvas of tropical birds that DH really wants me to work on. I may, may
get it started soon - depends on the job thing, as I need to acquire more
threads - and it's got a lot of silk, and special stuff. Happy no one else
asks for stitched gifts!

Also, I think that I'm going to do some purging of my stash, and sell some
charts that are just never going to get stitched. Anyone want the Mirabilia
Madonna chart???

I'll skip that one. I have exactly one of her charts. I'll stitch it one
day, but it is no where near the top of my list.

Cheryl

Old January 10th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/9/09 9:10 AM, in article
, "lewmew"
wrote:

Stealing Ellice's question to a new thread:

The next questions to ask a
What did you start in 2008 - that you're carrying over into 2009

Live Simply - was to be a Xmas gift, but the power outage killed that. It
will be a "soft finish", maybe a no sew block.
Mill Hill Christmas sampler - life stress killed that one.

What do you plan (operative word) to complete in 2009?
AND....Do you have a plan, method, technique for attacking the UFO/
WIPs in
2009?

One at a time. Sometimes returned to the UFO storage for later
consideration.

New projects you've saved to start in the new year?

I have a Dinky Dies biscournu that I think is the next new start. Or maybe
one of the Der feine Faden pieces I already have. Or maybe a crewel piece I
found on eBay. Or maybe I'll dig out that crazy quilt kit and do it.

Other stitchy goals

My big goal - to thin out what I'll never stitch as far as kits and charts
go. Some floss will go, but it has a use for swaps and such. Really organize
everything. The fabric, the beads, the charts, the kits.

Then, some serious finishing, I found what I need to finish a pillow I must
of stitched in the 70's. I have some green piping that matches the leaves
and I found some yellow ruffle that with the piping will be perfect. It will
be the perfect piece to practice putting on piping since it has been ages
since I did that.

Sort of stitchy - re-cover dining rooms chairs and kitchen stools.

Also, find time to really teach DD to stitch. I'll have better luck since
one of her friends wants to learn now. And knit and a few other things.

Non stitchy goal - rid the house of all ancient paperwork from DH's parent's
house, all out grown hockey gear, all out grown clothing and toys.

Oh and lose another 20 pounds.

Cheryl

Old January 10th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/10/09 8:06 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/9/09 3:57 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/9/09 12:33 PM, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"anne" wrote
I don't have any UFO's as I'm a monogamist (sp??) stitcher --

I totally love your terminology, Anne. I am, clearly, NOT a monogamist
stitcher. Since the terms for multiple spouses depend on the gender of the
other parties (polygamist, polyandrist), and I don't think all of my
stitched works are the same gender, perhaps I am bistitchual. Or just a
promiscuous sticher???

Dawne

I'm going with promiscuous stitcher - sounds better than bi-stitchual -
definitely apropos for me. Hmmm - is there a stitchnympho - insatiable
stitcher????

Ellice

Ellice - see my comment to Dawne....

Stitchnympho just have a certain ring to it...

Cheryl

Well, I could send you the keyboard from the old MAC ;^p

ellice

Old January 10th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Yes you could!

Just soiled my shirt instead.

Cheryl

Old January 10th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

On 1/9/09 9:10 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

Stealing Ellice's question to a new thread:

Thanks, Linda - for doing the change of subject, etc.

The next questions to ask a
What did you start in 2008 - that you're carrying over into 2009

Orna Willis' Gayle
Laura Perrin's Amethyst Dreams
Tom & Lily Creations "Romeo, Juliette et Compagnie
Lynn Nicoletti's "Neptune/Poseidon"
Cricket Collection "Little Cup" - http://tinyurl.com/2lgz68

That's cute - who's it for???

Thanks - it's really cute. I'm doing it on a pale purple hand-dye, not
doing the separate white piece to applique on. It's for our friends that he
used to play hockey with us (lawyer, moved here from San Diego), and she was
a lobbyist. DH was best man, I did their very complicated wedding (and
multiple events). Baby is just turning 1. The new mom, love her - from a
huge family in Conn, folks live in the house built by the great-great in the
mid 1800s. Anyhow, this is the friend who when we were doing some wedding
stationery ordering (my framer/LNS also reps a line of stationery/invites)
walked up to where the framed pieces waiting to be picked up were hanging,
looked at some gorgeou piece - either an Indigo Rose or Drawn Thread - and
said to me "don't ever give me something like this - it won't get hung-up" .
So, I assured her I know them well and wouldn't. This piece is perfect for
the baby - as mom is kind of frantic, quirky at times, and a stay-at home
mom now (she got laid off 2 weeks post their honeymoon 3 years ago) And the
baby room is in pink, yellow and pale purple. I started doing it with silk,
and actually changed back to cotton - didn't like the silk on the fabric.
The fabric is not easy to stitch - it's 32 ct, and this dye really closed
the holes up. I'll put up a pic eventually.

Mill Hill Bead Kit "Martini"
Der Feine Faden "Old Macdonald Had a Farm"
http://europeanxs.com/cgi-bin/general.pl?def-

You had to send me back to look at more of their stuff. My wish list growth

I want Winter Garden, Heaven and Hell, Flowers on Stalks and Painters Garden

I know. I know. I'm picking which Martina piece I'm going to do .....

AND VICTORIA - check out the Rabbit

*snipping lots of chat*

Also, I think that I'm going to do some purging of my stash, and sell some
charts that are just never going to get stitched. Anyone want the Mirabilia
Madonna chart???

I'll skip that one. I have exactly one of her charts. I'll stitch it one
day, but it is no where near the top of my list.

Cheryl

I know that feeling. I actually like this piece, and bought it to do for
our very Catholic friends, who had 4 little stair-steps in well less than 6
years. But, then I realized I just cannot put that much time into a gift
for them - so.....But, I may change my mind. Who knows.

Ellice

Old January 10th 09, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

ellice wrote:
On 1/9/09 12:33 PM, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"anne" wrote
I don't have any UFO's as I'm a monogamist (sp??) stitcher --

I totally love your terminology, Anne. I am, clearly, NOT a monogamist
stitcher. Since the terms for multiple spouses depend on the gender of the
other parties (polygamist, polyandrist), and I don't think all of my
stitched works are the same gender, perhaps I am bistitchual. Or just a
promiscuous sticher???

Dawne

I'm going with promiscuous stitcher - sounds better than bi-stitchual -
definitely apropos for me. Hmmm - is there a stitchnympho - insatiable
stitcher????

Ellice

Would that be a nymphostitchiac? Or a stitchomaniac?

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old January 11th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Jan 9, 7:10*am, lewmew wrote:
Stealing Ellice's question to a new thread:

The next questions to ask a
What did you start in 2008 - that you're carrying over into 2009

What do you plan (operative word) to complete in 2009?
AND....Do you have a plan, method, technique for attacking the UFO/
WIPs in
2009?

New projects you've saved to start in the new year?

Well, clearly I'm a promiscuous stitcher, but I practised abstinence
last year and didn't get anything embroidery related done. Some
jewellery, and a bit of knitting, but that was it. So anything I'm
carrying with me into the new year has been with me for a while.

I'd like to start a table cloth this year, but am bouncing between one
in Barbara Hammet's William Morris in Crossstitch, and one featuring a
ring of strawberries from a book of Norwegian cross stitch patterns.

Before I start that, however, I'd like to finish reupholstering my
living room furniture and that afghan I'm knitting. And then there are
the big pillows for my bed.

Other than that, there are some computer programs I want to learn, and
weight, of course, or rather, more healthful eating. Somehow the
latter seems less prone to unrealistic expectations.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
Old January 11th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Jan 10, 5:54*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:30:21 -0800 (PST), bungadora
opined:

On Jan 9, 7:10*am, lewmew wrote:
[...]

Aaah ~ you need a round tuit.- Hide quoted text -

I'm hoping fidelity to one project will help with the round tuits.
Stick to one until I've finished it off and become a black widow of
needlework.

Dora