OT new name suggestions for email address.

Old August 7th 03, 07:44 AM
Christina Peterson

Default OT new name suggestions for email address.

Shining Shirley

Tina

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
My DH has said that he will pay for me to go on Broadband with 24 hour
connection. My son will help set it up for me sometime in September.
However I shall have to lose the "allcrafts" host name. David will set
it up for me to have separate email addresses for private mail and
newsgroups.

This should stop a lot of the spam.

Now I know that when I am sat at the telephone and they want to know the
name I have chosen in place of "allcrafts2 I shall probably be sat there
with a blank mind.

So can you ladies please suggest some names that I might use. Please
keep them simple I do not want anything a yard long. LOL

So if I have got a list of them I will be able to choose one that has
not been already taken.
Thanks for your help with this
Love
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Old August 7th 03, 02:51 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I think the name Sooz christened you with: Madam Tassle. Hmmmmm, maybe yes
and maybe no. You could get some, err, interesting emails with a moniker
like that!

How about 'sovereign stitch" This reflects your love bead and needlework and
your British heritage.
--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

Old August 7th 03, 04:57 PM
mkahogan

Shirley,
I really want to think of something but am stumped. Hmmmm, how about spoon
sender?
KathyH

Old August 7th 03, 05:40 PM
Dr. Sooz

"mmetassel"
~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old August 7th 03, 08:30 PM
Deirdre S.

How about Q_of_S, for Queen of Swaps?

Deirdre

Old August 7th 03, 11:11 PM
Shirley Shone

In article , Ellie Pea
writes
[...]

I have demon broadband and I kept my host name... why do you have to
change? Are you keeping your dial up account? If your just transferring
straight to broadband you should be able to transfer the host name too.
It's really simple to do, I just plugged the modem in, followed the
instructions they sent to log on and transfer your account and
wooooooooooooooosh your surfing at the speed of light....well compared to a
56k modem it is ) I've not had any problems with it so far (touch wood!)

Lindsey

When I rang Demon yesterday they said I would have to change. No I would
not be keeping my Dial up account.
Maybe their adviser did not know himself.

However it would be a good chance of getting rid of the spammers.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Old August 8th 03, 01:39 AM
bluemaxx

Shirley, unless you "munge" your email address you're still going to
be getting a lot of spam. Email addys are 'harvested" from
newsgroups and if you give a working email in your newsgroup posts,
they will find you again within a few days.

Two suggestions: 1. Munge your real email addy by adding a word
like SPAMM to it, then in your sig line, put "Remove the SPAMM when
replying".
2. Download Mailwasher. They allow you to preview who your
messages are from and then you can either bounce or delete the
messages you don't want to download. The link to their download is:
http://www.mailwasher.net/

hugZ, Linda
P.S. I like the name 'SpoonLady' myself.

snipped
:
: However it would be a good chance of getting rid of the spammers.
: Shirley
: --
: Shirley Shone
: