OT - Holiday weekend

Old May 29th 05, 11:06 PM
Cindy Schmidt

Default OT - Holiday weekend

Why is it that on holiday weekends - things decide to break down and you
can't do anything about it till Tuesday?

Something is wrong with washer and DH thinks he knows what the part is, but
no one carries it except a specific store and they are closed on Sundays and
of course holidays. So that means when we get home from the football game
tonight, off to the laundromat we go. Haven't seen the inside of one of
those in 20+ years. Geez....

Then we are trying to BBQ. Grill was messed up on Friday. DH fixed (or so
he thought) on Saturday. Grilled all day yesterday. Went out to do it
again today and it's doing the same thing. Meantime, we are trying to get
ready to go to said football game and we're out trying to find a part for
it.

Of course needed to go to same specific store as above to get name brand but
thankfully local hardware store carries this one. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. ok. Now
to finish getting ready. Feel a little better.

--
Cindy from MO

Old May 29th 05, 11:24 PM
Polly Esther

We saw something on our holiday traveling that we had never seen before. We
were driving the length of Alabama from Tennessee to the Gulf Coast, about
500 miles. Everywhere - the big trucks had simply given up and pulled off
the highways. They were double-parked at all the truck stops and rest areas
and had even lined up on the emergency pull-offs of the interstate on and
off ramps. The mass of cars was much like Talladega or the Daytona 500.
The Yorkie loved it. We wonder if one of the Andrettis would let him go
on a nice ride with them. Polly Esther

Old May 30th 05, 10:00 AM
M Rimmer

In message , Cindy Schmidt
writes
Why is it that on holiday weekends - things decide to break down and you
can't do anything about it till Tuesday?

I know what you mean. Yesterday morning I settled down for some quilting
and within an hour I had broken all of sewing machine needles, including
the ones for knit fabric which are always left over in a packet of mixed
needles. One of them went sewing over a quiltak. I've no idea what
caused the others to go - maybe the quilt was pulling on the needle, but
I'm almost finished quilting it now (I thought I'd get it finished
yesterday) and it hasn't done this before.
--
M Rimmer