Ok, I'm done...my stable is full

Old December 17th 03, 12:30 AM
M. Wetmore

Default Ok, I'm done...my stable is full

I just bought my last vintage Singer sewing machine today and this one
is a real beauty. I got kind of worried when a bidding war started
around 10:00 this morning, but it quit at $50.01. I bid $65.97 in the
last 10 seconds and won the auction for $51.01! The shipping is only
$17 so I think I got a really good deal on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=60 5&rd=1

Now I'm done for a while. But I have to admit that I am kind of sad.
It was a lot of fun hunting for the machines, bidding on them and
winning!

Now I just need to figure out where to put them all. My 201 will fit
in the 15-91 cabinet so I can switch them out. That's going in my
bedroom.

The 500 Rocketeer will probably sit on my 7" sewing table along with
my Bernina and Featherweight. If anyone had told me a year ago that I
would own five sewing machines, I would have told them they were
crazy!

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old December 17th 03, 02:11 AM
Jalynne

Oh, she's beautiful, Mardi! Congrats!

Oh....i sure hope the three machines will fit on your 7" table without falling
off...LOL. I'm sure you meant 7', but i just had to give you a hard time. I hope
you enjoy all of them!! Just think, now you can have four friends over for a sew-in,
and no one would need to bring a machine...heehee.
--
Jalynne

Old December 17th 03, 02:40 AM
Taria

Looks like a pretty machine Mardi. Know you will enjoy it.
It is amazing how the machine bug bites.
Taria

Old December 17th 03, 11:57 AM
frood

I'm not taking that bet! I thought I was done, too. ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"IMS" wrote in message
Anyone willing to wager that this won't be Mardi's last one? :-)

Once you've gotten yourself informed about them and get your hands on a
couple, you end up seeing them all over and, well, they 'call' to
you....!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=60 5&

[...]

------------------------
"Old quilters never die, they just go to pieces."

Old December 17th 03, 07:53 PM
Kate Dicey

"M. Wetmore" wrote:

[...]

Mardi, I thought my collection would be complete with the Featherweight
that is coming in the New Year, BUT I really want one of those ole baby
Elna Lotus machines for kids to use! I have a genuine need! Really!
One of the students in my last class was so little that it was hard for
her to use a standard sized machine! I missed one in the spring,
because I didn't have the cash! If I could get the Cub 8 working again,
I would use that for the tiddlers, but there's no chance until someone
makes a motor new that fits the case!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old December 17th 03, 09:30 PM
Coleen

Mardi --

Congrats on your new machine. Now we will just sit back and see how long
until you get another one, lol.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
I just bought my last vintage Singer sewing machine today
Now I'm done for a while.