OT; Sort of

Old April 7th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default OT; Sort of

Here is the answer for my wife's quest, last night, for a small head
rest, for use while watching tv. It is made from some leftover
quilting fabric and leftover batting, and is placed on the arm of the
chair she uses when watching those late night movies and is snuggled
down under a quilt. I think she had her head in the clouds when she
asked for this, so here is my response.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635NbLfDN

John
Old April 7th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Not OT at all!!! You are sew clever..... :-)

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old April 7th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a great idea!
Roberta in D

Old April 7th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

If she didn't before, she surely does now.
Looks like it'll do the job.

Butterfly (Sew whacha sewing next)

Old April 7th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

QUICK! Run to the basement and check for pods! It's not a nine patch and it
isn't a 'solid'.

Nicely done John.

Val

Old April 7th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

"John" wrote in message

Here is the answer for my wife's quest, last night, for a small head
rest, for use while watching tv. It is made from some leftover
quilting fabric and leftover batting, and is placed on the arm of the
chair she uses when watching those late night movies and is snuggled
down under a quilt. I think she had her head in the clouds when she
asked for this, so here is my response.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635NbLfDN

John

You have been watching way to many reruns of "The Invasion Of the Body
Snatchers". That movie was the reason I never liked to eat Brussels
Sprouts.

John
Old April 8th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

"John" wrote in message

Here is the answer for my wife's quest, last night, for a small head
rest, for use while watching tv. It is made from some leftover
quilting fabric and leftover batting, and is placed on the arm of the
chair she uses when watching those late night movies and is snuggled
down under a quilt. I think she had her head in the clouds when she
asked for this, so here is my response.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635NbLfDN

John

You have been watching way to many reruns of "The Invasion Of the Body
Snatchers". That movie was the reason I never liked to eat Brussels
Sprouts.

John

Oh yea of little faith. Check out the link below. There are many more
of the non solid persuasion in my stash. But the solids are the
current favorite.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635mQIvmR

Now eat you mush, and hush.

John
Old April 8th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT; Live with it

John, I surely hope that your neck pillow represents your best work.
Decades ago - DH asked for a neck pillow and I made him one from whatever
was the current project. The pillow fabric is fine soft corduroy. The
shape is sort of a 'C' and gently holds his head and neck when he's watching
tv while 'resting his eyes'.
If I had had ANY idea that this was going to become his 'Wubbie' (is
that the word?) I would at least have chosen a fabric / color that wasn't
fire engine red. It has never and will never play nice with the tv room
colors/fabrics but don't even think about suggesting a replacement. I hope
clouds does okay with your decor. You may have to live with them forever.
Polly Don't care for mush but I am World Class at cooking grits.
Cheese grits, garlic grits, sausage grits? Yessss.

Old April 8th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well I don't gg
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Believe it or not, just this once I know what you all are talking about.
Pods in the basement indeed. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 8th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Apr 8, 3:12*am, Patti wrote:
Well I don't gg
.
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Believe it or not, just this once I know what you all are talking about.
Pods in the basement indeed. *Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

There is an old Sci-Fi movie from the 1950's by the name of "The
Invasion of the Body Snatchers" that used as it's premise, that an
alien force from outer space brought large vegetable Pods to earth to
capture the lives of earthlings while they slept and make them into
drone slaves for these non earthlings. What application this reference
to a very bad, but none the less entertaining black and white Sci-Fi
movie has to the use of solid color fabric, is one that frankly I am
missing, but maybe those that have had pods in their own basement have
been have been taken over by an alien force, and infected with some
form of a truer style of quilting. I think they might be the ones to
watch out for. Either that, or I might have missed the memo on the
"Correct" way to quilt. But then I have only been doing it for a
couple of years now, and have still a lot to learn. But on the other
hand, I am having fun doing what I do, and even though I might still
be considered a novice, I thought that was the ultimate goal of this
whole quilting thing. Correct me if I am misinformed on this matter.

John